Skip to content

BG2?

Seriously though, it looks like everyone else is getting BG2 before we get BG1. Someone dropped the ball here. Don't even know why they are bothering to list Android anymore, the hype is so far over, no one, save people who preordered it, will care, and even they might not. And with them advertising BG2, they might as well just give up on BG1 for android at this point. Really disappointed, not only in the eternal delays, but the complete lack of updates and news regarding this release, even as the other releases are getting patches and fixes. Sorry, one more customer that got tired of waiting. :(

Comments

• FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    Yeah the delay has been pretty major, I agree. This is one of the longest "Coming Soon"s I've had to wait for ;)

There have been updates and such about the progress on the Android version. I can understand the delay, given the size of the team and the funding they have available to them. The updates have mainly been in the "Ask us anything" thread and on Trent's Twitter feed.

As far as I'm aware, the Android version isn't super far off now. It's waiting on the v1.2 patch to be complete, because that patch includes changes to the engine (eg, the renderer) that are essential for the Android version.

I've seen a few tweets from Trent about this, but nothing as concrete as a release date etc. The impression I get is that it will be after BG2 ships though.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    edited October 2013
    It has been confirmed that the v1.2 patch will be out in 2 days (the beta is winding down now), so I hope this means Android is not too far off. But I think that the devs might wait and release both BG:EE and BG:EE2 on Android at the same time...