Skip to content

[Bug] Quick Save is deleting itself [RESOLVED]

MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
edited October 2013 in The Road to v1.2
I've experienced this with the last two beta patch updates:

1. Load saved game
2. Quick Save the loaded game
3. Observe in the saved game loading screen that a "Quick Save" has been stored in the saved game files.
4. Quit game
5. Load Quick Save
6. After Quick Save has been loaded, Quick Save the game again.
7. Observe in the saved game loading screen that the "Quick Save" game is gone and has been replaced with "Empty."

I'm also having the same issue with Auto-Save being deleted.

I mentioned this bug in the Phase III Wrap Up thread, but no one else has reported experiencing the same issue.
Post edited by Mortianna on
bnvdarklordelminster

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I'm not seeing this issue when I follow these steps. Open up Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\save and make sure the folders are truly gone. If they're still there, make sure they're not marked as "Read-Only" in the folder's properties. If they're gone, make sure they're being deleted by the game; create a new game, save it, load the save, check to see if it's in the saves folder, quick save, check to see if it's in the saves folder, etc.
    Also make sure that you haven't changed any settings in your computer's security or antivirus software.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    @Dee No matter whether I start a new game or load an older game, it's the same. When I initiate a quick save, the Quick Save folder and Auto Save folder appear in the Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\save folder. When I load the Quick Save game and then do a quick save, both are deleted.

I tried copying the folders and pasting them back in after they're deleted to see if that might do anything, but those also get deleted when I start the process over again.

I'm also experiencing significant frame-rate lag with the beta, as opposed to the v1.0.2014 game, which runs fine, but that's unrelated issue.
    elminster
    edited October 2013
    Okay, I figured out what was causing the Quick/Auto Save problem. I had been running it in compatibility mode (doing this in v1.0 solves the lag problem). I've taken it off and they save just fine.
    Eudaemonium
    Excellent!
    Eudaemonium
  • VintrastormVintrastorm Member Posts: 216
    Mortianna said:

I'm also experiencing significant frame-rate lag with the beta, as opposed to the v1.0.2014 game, which runs fine, but that's unrelated issue.

Mortianna said:

Okay, I figured out what was causing the Quick/Auto Save problem. I had been running it in compatibility mode (doing this in v1.0 solves the lag problem). I've taken it off and they save just fine.

I know you sid it was unrelated, but did it have any effect on the lag?
    @Vintrastrom Unfortunately, no. Thanks for asking though. ^.^
  • DinoDino Member Posts: 291
    edited November 2013
    Im having the same problem, and Im not running in compatibility mode...

I get access denied when trying to open the quicksave folder in Documents/BGEE/save
    I am running the the game as admin.

Also, since the later part of the beta, my class shows as Fighter/Thief, rather than Wizard Slayer/Thief. (Just saw this in the known issues thread... Thought it had been resolved.)
    Still an issue. Not resolved.
    edited November 2013
    It works normally when I play the beta version.

But quicksaving doesnt work in the standard version.
    @Dino
    Try the following:

1) Move (don't copy) the "save" folder to your desktop, leaving it absent from the Documents\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\ directory.
    2) Launch and run the live version of the game, and attempt to quick-save, as you were doing before

If the quick-save and/or auto-save shows up, then try copying the contents of the "save" folder (not the folder itself) into the newly created "save" folder, and see if the problem persists.
    It did not work. The Quicksave folder gets deleted from the 'clean' save folder when Im trying to quicksave.
    elminster
    @Dee

Any news on how to repair the quicklsave feature?

Thanks!