Skip to content

Is there a way to transfer sound kits from BG to EE?

there are some sound kits that didnt get transfered from BG to BG:EE (specifically i am looking for Male 2) and i was wondering if there is a way to copy the files (as i have both EE and the GOG version of BG.

Any and all help is appreciated

Thakns

Comments

• KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Not sure if you can directly copy from BG to EE, but generally, as long as the file format and naming convention is correct, you can transfer them. I'm somewhat sure the original sound sets are in the dropbox, from where you can just copypaste them. Can't link to it due to forum rules, so I'm linking to reddit http://www.reddit.com/r/baldursgate/ (just search "Custom Portraits/Soundsets" in the sidebar).
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    that reminds me, is there are way to move BG1 sounds to BG2. I wanted to used the BG1 default male in BG2 but didn't know how but I would still like to do so for my EE playthrough character if they don't do that for me.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    I'll assume that you can copy the files the same way. Or do you mean from BG1EE to BG2EE? There's a possibility they'll be included to begin with.

In doubt, copy the sounds from BG1 (or 2) to C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766\lang\en_US\sounds (or wherever your install is) and try it.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Let's do this quick and painful.
  • GoodSteveGoodSteve Member Posts: 607
    Felspawn said:

there are some sound kits that didnt get transfered from BG to BG:EE (specifically i am looking for Male 2) and i was wondering if there is a way to copy the files (as i have both EE and the GOG version of BG.

Any and all help is appreciated

Thakns

All the original sound sets from BG1 are in BG:EE as far as I can tell. Perhaps you are thinking of the sound sets from bg2, those are not present but I assume will be in BG2:EE.

"Let's do this quick and painful." is from Male2 in BG2, for example.
  • FelspawnFelspawn Member Posts: 161
    GoodSteve said:

"Let's do this quick and painful." is from Male2 in BG2, for example.

Ah yeah thats exactly the one i was looking for, ok well BG2:EE will be here soon so i'll look for them