Skip to content

Do belladonna flowers stop the regen of Karoug?

I've always felt that using the flowers directly before the battle helps me during the fight as it appears like the poison has transferred from me to him after his attack on me, stopping his regen ability.

Can anybody confirm if this is true? I have not been able to kill him without doing this, but have not seen any post of anyone else trying this.

Comments

• KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Nope, the flowers do nothing. You can just give them to Delany.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited October 2013
    The poison only works on the user (aka self). Its not like an item that is used to poison your weapon or anything.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Placebo effect :)
  • BenjaminBenjamin Member Posts: 39

Placebo effect :)

Must be :/
    elminster said:

The poison only works on the user (aka self). Its not like an item that is used to poison your weapon or anything.

I figured seeing as he is practically eating parts of me as he tears them off maybe hes getting some of the poison :P
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    As long as Karoug doesn't know it's just a placebo, it will still work on him!
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    For a placebo to "work" the intended recipient needs to know that something has been changed. So you'd need to stand in front of him, eat the flowers and say something along the lines of, "these flowers give be the power to defeat you!" or something similarly cheesy.
  • BattlehamsterBattlehamster Member Posts: 298
    I find they make him sneeze terribly. Other than that though I have yet to see any notable effects.
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    I believe there's only one effect to the belladona folowers :
    If you do the quest with Delany, and he/she tells you to keep the flowers, when you go back on the land, you can go on your merry way without beeing affected by lycanthropy (IE : You won't automatically die after X days if you don't kill Mendas)
    This only works for CHARNAME, every other party member will turn into a loup-garoup after a while if you don't kill mendas after coming back.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    How is this for a plan: feed the belladonna to Garrick. Then get Karoug to eat Garrick.