Skip to content

BG:EE Update is "Stuck"

I tried to update my standard BG:EE install today (this is not the beta client) and launcher appears to be stuck.

I clicked the button that says apply update and now the button says "Download paused (click to resume)". Now trust me when I say I've clicked. I've clicked every where I can many a time but that button refuses to acknowledge my clicking.

Any help?

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    A shot in the dark, but do you have any of the game's files open? More often than not, I realize that I've still got Near Infinity open.

If you're unsure, restarting the computer should help.
  • Nic_MercyNic_Mercy Member Posts: 418
    i'll try a
    Dee said:

A shot in the dark, but do you have any of the game's files open? More often than not, I realize that I've still got Near Infinity open.

If you're unsure, restarting the computer should help.

I tried restarting to no avail. No files are open as far as I know. It wont even let me "repair" or what not.
    ive opted to back up my saves and stuff and simply uninstall and reinstall... things seem to be moving along in that regard. With that said I first tried to install over the previous install using the Beamdog client and that same "stuck" thing happened again. So I am unsure of the reason but now that I uninstalled and am reinstalling things seem to be moving along.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    It might be fixed, If you exit from the client (close it even from the tray), then restart it.
  • foxthethirdfoxthethird Member Posts: 2
    I am having the same issue. Tried restarting computer etc. keeps pausing at "checking files".
  • foxthethirdfoxthethird Member Posts: 2
    checks files gets to 30.1% and then just stops
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Try deleting the .beam and .status files, and restart the launcher.
    Cerevant said:

Try deleting the .beam and .status files, and restart the launcher.

I "fixed" the issue by uninstalling the game and reinstalling
  • misteridmisterid Member Posts: 39
    @Nic_Mercy, did you do anything special in the reinstall? Like delete all the folders/files that were left behind as well? I have this same issue. Just like you you can click anything you want and it never resumes. Or, rather is flashes to the downloading text and instantly back to the paused click to resume text. I have tried uninstall and reinstalling, on two separate computers, and installing on a third computer that never had BGEE on it. None of these worked; whenever the new install would update, the error would occur. BTW- I used machines with Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and Windows 7 Professional 32-bit.

Beyond reinstalling I have: ran the launcher in admin mode, added all the BGEE related folders/files to my antivirus's whitelist of programs to allow to run, and as before, tested on multiple computers.

Also, @Nic_Mercy, Did you test deleting those files?

Thanks

misterid
    misterid said:

@Nic_Mercy, did you do anything special in the reinstall? Like delete all the folders/files that were left behind as well? I have this same issue. Just like you you can click anything you want and it never resumes. Or, rather is flashes to the downloading text and instantly back to the paused click to resume text. I have tried uninstall and reinstalling, on two separate computers, and installing on a third computer that never had BGEE on it. None of these worked; whenever the new install would update, the error would occur. BTW- I used machines with Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and Windows 7 Professional 32-bit.

Beyond reinstalling I have: ran the launcher in admin mode, added all the BGEE related folders/files to my antivirus's whitelist of programs to allow to run, and as before, tested on multiple computers.

Also, @Nic_Mercy, Did you test deleting those files?

Thanks

misterid

I believe I uninstalled and reinstalled. I didn't delete anything specifically but I did back up my saves/characters/portraits/etc
  • Farmboy0Farmboy0 Member Posts: 2
    I had the same problem trying to update to BGEE 1.2.
    I had some custom files in the data folder of the BGEE install that the launcher wanted to delete.
    It couldnt because a file had the read-only flag set and the launcher didnt like that.
    I found the culprit with procmon from sysinternals.