Skip to content

Question on spells, magic resistance, fixed "bugs" ?

Couple questions...
1) Does melf's minute meteors still hit as a +5 weapon? I know it gets +5 to thaco but I don't know if it is supposed to be treated as a +5 weapon it terms of what it can hit
2) Which spells hit through magic resistance now (ie is there an accurate list somewhere)? I know sunfire used to and I believe dragon's breath did, but there always seemed to be random spells that ignored MR and others which did not.

Comments

• nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    MMM hits as +6.

I can't answer your second question, sorry.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    I'd suggest NearInfinity to check individual spell flags for MR, people seem to have had good results with it.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Well, it's not always obvious just by looking with NI especially if the behavior is the result of a bug. Sunfire, for example, is flagged as not bypassing resistance. The reason it does is it's targeted at the caster, not the enemy and self-targeted spells ignore resistance (otherwise you'd be resisting all your buffs).

If no one has a better resource I would suggest using this and testing things yourself in-game (which you should anyways if you really want to be sure).

But even if it's a bug I like that Sunfire bypasses MR. The power of the sun doesn't give a damn about stupid drow defenses! It'd be cool if it turns adamantine gear into dust as well.
  • BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    Sunfire bug has been fixed. It no longer goes through magic resistance. You can easily test this with Viccy or Baeloth.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Dragon's Breath and Comet go through MR, afaik they're the only spells supposed to be doing that.
  • BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    Comet was affected by MR. Dragon's Breath and Implosion weren't. I don't know if that changes with BG2:EE. We'll have to wait and see.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    I believed another poster in a thread about Druids mentioned that Avenger Chain Lightning bypass MR.