Skip to content

Starting Level for Baldur's Gate 2 EE

I was curious what the starting level for Baldur's Gate 2 EE characters is...I have many characters that I want to transfer over from BG1EE. They ended BG1EE at 161,000 EXP. Can't wait to get the game on the 15th.

Comments

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    edited November 2013
    Any characters you import into BG2EE should have the same amount of experience and be of the same level as when you exported them from BGEE. To my knowledge, any characters you start anew in BG2EE begin with 89,000 experience.
  • EffinyEffiny Member Posts: 378
    And what about books of knowledge? Shall I feed by them only my Charname or if I feed e.g. Jaheira with book of wisdom, will the increase of her wisdom stay in BG 2 EE? Thank you! :-)
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    @Effiny
    Only CHARNAME benefits through the games, but some NPC's gets a stat boost for BG2
  • EffinyEffiny Member Posts: 378
    Sed said:

@Effiny
    Only CHARNAME benefits through the games, but some NPC's gets a stat boost for BG2

Thank you! That was quick. :-))
  • OperativeNLOperativeNL Member Posts: 146
    What I remember was that my characters would start at level 9 in BG2...

my memory could be a bit fuzzy though
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    If imported from BG:EE at the XP cap, Fighters/Rangers/Paladins and Clerics start at 8, Mages at 9, Thieves, Bards and Druids at 10.

Here's a link that has levels at 89k XP (BG2 vanilla start) and 161k XP (Imported from BG:EE) for base classes and multiclasses at the bottom of the page:
    http://www.planetbaldursgate.com/bg/character/classes/tables/xp.shtml