Skip to content

Monk Animations or: Help me pick a decent character model for my Kensai

DrakonisDrakonis Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 111
First off, I'm not sure weither this really belongs here or in the modding thread but since it's not really all that much about modding I chose to put it into General Discussion.

With the new patch I figured I could go through BG:EE again and get the ultimate "I'm prepared for BG2EE now" savefile.
Eventually I chose a male Human Kensai as my character with plans to multiclass into wizard (would've preferred Sorcerer but oh well) with level 9 or so in BG2.
However, as much as I like the Legend of Zelda, I'm not too keen on the idea of playing the entire game in a miniskirt. So I busted out the the EEKeeper and tried a few of the different options in the appearance tab. After looking at the rogue - who is better than the unarmored fighter but looks like he's wearing his pyjamas - I tried out the monk look. And it was beautiful.
Until I noticed the combat animations. I wouldn't mind the kicking and flailing so much... if the weapon wouldn't be flying around all over the place like I had it on a chain instead of properly wielding it.

I guess I'm right when I assume that the monk's sprites just plain don't have the normal attack animations and there's no way to make him use them?
And if I'm right, do you know any other appearance that looks good on a Kensai? If all else fails, I'll probably just go with the wizard appearance but it wasn't quite what I had in mind.

Comments

• revaarrevaar Member Posts: 160
    Are you using a two handed weapon or dual wielding? That's what would be causing the issue with the monk sprite. Personally, I would go with the Rogue sprite.
  • DrakonisDrakonis Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 111
    I'm using a two-handed weapon, which might be the problem.