Skip to content

BG:EE won't start

After the recent update, BG:EE will not start here's the link for dump file of crash image

Comments

• acw18acw18 Member Posts: 62
    edited November 2013
    I am having this exact issue as well. I was playing the game before the update and it worked perfectly fine. Now every time I attempt to push the "Play" button on the launcher (where it displays update details), it crashes and gives me a dump file.

I have tried restarting cpu, updating drivers, using the "repair installer" button, and reinstalling the game also, and the problem is still there.
  • dyvimdyvim Member Posts: 15
    Same problem for me...

It worked well before patch 1.2 then I lost my saves (I know it's "my fault") and the game crash everytime...
    (request opened at beamdog support #5422)
  • cactuscoolcactuscool Member Posts: 2
    I have the Steam version. Worked fine until the 1.2 patch. After that, I couldn't start the game.

I got mine working again by disabling DEP. I thought it was a little strange, because in my experience Windows will tell you if DEP is shutting down a program - but I wasn't getting anything like that.

Good luck!
    I've disabled DEP for BGEE but it still crash... thx for the idea, was worth to try.
    Some informations in addition :

The game crash every time I launch it.

I'm running Windows 7 on an Alienware M14 (Intel HD graphic + geforce 555M). Whatever graphic card I use, it crash...
    Drivers have been updated
    Game has been reinstalled entirely (after complete deletion of all directories even in "%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition")
    No mods installed before...

It worked before patch 1.2 but no more after...
    (request opened at beamdog support #5422)
  • KingGhidorahKingGhidorah Member Posts: 201
    Check your windows color depth. BG:ee 1.2 wouldn't boot at my Windows 7 laptop as well, until i set the windows color depth at 32-bit.
    You're a genious!!!

It worked.

I was on a 16bits colour settings and put it on 32 bits. I also set the refresh frequency to 60hz instead of 40hz and now the game can be launched.

It doesn't crash anymore.

thanks a lot for the help!!
  • NoonNoon Member Posts: 202
    BGEE doesn't starts here too since the patch. I have no error message, just the beamdog button doing nothing. I redownloaded it after deleting every file, but i noticed that the "my documents" folder wasn't created. Is this normal after a fresh installation ?
    Hopefully BG2EE won't be concerned by these problems.
  • NoonNoon Member Posts: 202
    Ok, i solved my problem. It was related with the OpenAL32.dll. http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/347105#Comment_347105