Skip to content

Equipment for the werewolf island?

I've reached the city with my Inquisitor and there is nothing stopping me from blowing through the main story quests, except that I want to reach max level before BG2:EE. I'm going to hit the werewolf island, but just what do I need to bring to make that impossible fight with Karoug theoretically winnable?
I know there is some useful stuff in the lower levels of Durlag's Tower, but they are such a horrible slog I'd rather avoid them.
My party consists of my Inquisitor, Imoen, Branwen, Coran, Dynaheir and Yeslick, all around level 6.

Comments

• SedSed Member Posts: 790
    Most of the stuff can actually be found on the island.
    Make sure you bring the Bastart sword +3 vs Lycanthropes.

Also at the end of the Dorn questline you will get a sword with the "cold iron" flag, which makes it possible to kill Karoug. Also Slow is a great spell for that fight :)
    EudaemoniumTethorilofLathanderCorvino
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Potions of Cloud/Storm giant strength for the fighters in your party and a wand of paralyzation. If you don't already have them you can buy them at sorcerous sundries.

Eudaemoniumriyahhassett
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    You can loot Balduran's sword in the same room as Karoug, if you occupy him with your tank and send your thief in to disarm the traps and grab the sword you can use it in that fight. If memory serves it is a +4 vs lycanthropes longsword or bastard sword. That's how I did it anyway, with a little mage support.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Tis a Bastard Sword :)
    jackjack
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    If you sided with the nobles in Cloakwood, you can grab a sword from the extra quest in the city that works against shapeshifters. The other weapons are on the island.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    There's a dagger on the wrecked ship on the island that can damage Karoug.
  • KnellerKneller Member Posts: 438
    There's also the flame tongue from DT, and it's a long sword.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    Potions of Fire Breathing work well, I've heard. They can even handle the fight on their own in a pinch.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Normally I'd recommend my usual Doom + Greater Malison + Wand of Paralyzation + Potions of Firebreath strategy, but Dynaheir is an Invoker and can't cast Enchantment spells, which means no Greater Malison. That is, unless you've dualled Imoen to a mage as well, considering how magic-heavy your party is.

You can try that without Greater Malison, but it'll be far less reliable.
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    I ended up killing Karoug with spell damage between my jester, Xan and Xzar. Is that strange at all?

Other people in the thread have outlined the possible weapon choices.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.