Skip to content

How will the Goodly Palidns of the Radiant Heart react to Dorn the BlckGuard or ur Char a BlkGuard?

BeowulfBeowulf Member Posts: 236
You enter the holy hollowed halls of the Law And good loving Paladin Hold Emanating Evil like a tart in red dress swishing up take mass...... What will they do to Doorn or Char-name Blackguard stank heart?
  1. How will the Goodly Palidns of the Radiant Heart react to Dorn the BlckGuard or ur Char a BlkGuard?45 votes
    1. kill you the evil blackgrd and dorrn both
      35.56%
    2. kill Dorrn only and leave char blackgurad with a warning
        0.00%
    3. not kill you the black or dorn the black
      22.22%
    4. kill dorn even if you are a lawful good cleric of yolanda the hobbit moma
      11.11%
    5. another.... you write below...
      31.11%

Comments

• FredjoFredjo Member Posts: 477
    ROFL
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    The one with the hobbit. For sure.
  • MermidionMermidion Member Posts: 69
    zerckan said:

They will give you a divine grammar book first for sure.

Woo good one.

Also another (Both Blackguards.):They Cower in fear cause they weak gods can't protect them from the Evil Power of Dorn and you. ;)
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Well, presumably nothing, because Paladins aren't so dickish as to Detect Evil on literally everyone.
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050

Well, presumably nothing, because Paladins aren't so dickish as to Detect Evil on literally everyone.

Well, if Charname is a Blackguard along with Dorn, I think one could just FEEL the evil without using a Detect spell...
  • marcerormarceror Member Posts: 577
    To kill them unprovoked would in itself be an evil act. Show them immediately to the door, sure.
  • doomdoomdoomdoomdoomdoom Member Posts: 89
    edited November 2013
    Yea... doesn't really take much to get these kind of people riled up.
    Probably should be trying to kill you on sight. Like Valen.
    But I doubt beamdogs will implement that.
  • The same as to a chaotic evil assasin Bhaal bred black skinned elf wearing human flesh armor
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    They don't react to my evil warpriest, why would they react to a blackguard?

You don't actually have a stamp on you that says :

<---- EVIL BLACKGUARD PALADINS BEWARE HOHOHO! :P
    Kaltzor said:

Well, if Charname is a Blackguard along with Dorn, I think one could just FEEL the evil without using a Detect spell...

Not how it works. You can't just know somebody's alignment without magic or some kind of ability.
    Pretty sure one look at the huge half-orc wearing black armor and a scowl on his face entering their premises with a mean looking giant sword in his hands would warrant a magical "background check".
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    zerckan said:

They will give you a divine grammar book first for sure.

wut u meen? int is not paldinz prim stat they wont care @ all.

Pretty sure one look at the huge half-orc wearing black armor and a scowl on his face entering their premises with a mean looking giant sword in his hands would warrant a magical "background check".

Adventurers are eccentric folk. Looking like a badass doesn't necessarily mean "evil."
  • MermidionMermidion Member Posts: 69
    edited November 2013

Adventurers are eccentric folk. Looking like a badass doesn't necessarily mean "evil."
    Actually considiering how Racist the People are against certain Races (hinthint: Drizzt'do Urden being a drow). I think just being an Armed Half-Orc in Black Armor approching there Holy ground would be enough that they would go into Detect Evil mode in an instant.
    Mermidion said:

Actually considiering how Racist the People are against certain Races (hinthint: Drizzt'do Urden being a drow). I think just being an Armed Half-Orc in Black Armor approching there Holy ground would be enough that they would go into Detect Evil mode in an instant.

A fair point. And, the more I think about it, the more likely it seems that there's probably somebody who would check your alignment at the door, as it were, but just be subtle about it.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    It would probably work out about as well as Valen entering the Temple of Lathander.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Mi chr as a Blkguard wll notg o nearr th palidns cuz wey 2 kewl 4 them, lol yolo swag.
    Mermidion said:

Actually considiering how Racist the People are against certain Races (hinthint: Drizzt'do Urden being a drow)

To be honest that prejudice is not without good reason until evidence for any particular case being a rare exception presents itself, but in this case it's not even about racism as you call it, but more about how many goddamn hints does one need?
    Just because the goody-two-shoes pallies aren't the most open minded (nor the brightest) of folks doesn't mean they're completely stupid. In fact they are quite militant and overly cautious by definition.

And just like with a paladin, there isn't a whole lot of wiggle room in roleplaying a blackguard - he/she is a champion of evil, and proud of it. The only reason why one would even bother entering a place such as headquarters of the Radiant Heart or some of the goody temples, is to make a bloody statement (pun intended).

So in RPGs I like to see when in some extreme cases the work is cut out for you, rather than letting anyone go anywhere as they please without consequences just because the players might bitch and moan about the fact that they can't do 100% of the available content with every possible class, and present some ridiculous backstory as to why it could have been possible.

And for what it's worth, just like the chaotic neutral alignment, "eccentric" looks more likely than not is just an excuse for some "role" players to try and cheat the system.

To be honest that prejudice is not without good reason until evidence for any particular case being a rare exception presents itself, but in this case it's not even about racism as you call it, but more about how many goddamn hints does one need?
    Just because the goody-two-shoes pallies aren't the most open minded (nor the brightest) of folks doesn't mean they're completely stupid. In fact they are quite militant and overly cautious by definition.

While this more than makes sense for drow, who are raised in a culture of evil and cruelty, the average half-orc that makes it to adulthood is generally stuck in one society or the other, human or orc. Assuming a half-orc in civilized lands in civilized clothing to be evil definitely is racism.
    And just like with a paladin, there isn't a whole lot of wiggle room in roleplaying a blackguard - he/she is a champion of evil, and proud of it. The only reason why one would even bother entering a place such as headquarters of the Radiant Heart or some of the goody temples, is to make a bloody statement (pun intended).
    Blackguard doesn't mean Stupid Evil. Endearing yourself to the ORH to manipulate them is a pretty clever ploy. Assaulting their base with anything short of a small army is the exact opposite of clever.
    So in RPGs I like to see when in some extreme cases the work is cut out for you, rather than letting anyone go anywhere as they please without consequences just because the players might bitch and moan about the fact that they can't do 100% of the available content with every possible class, and present some ridiculous backstory as to why it could have been possible.
    Nobody hates the self-entitlement of of roleplaying gamers than I do, but in this case we are talking about an aspect of BG2 that simply does not work differently for any CHARNAME, regardless of alignment. It's highly unlikely they'll change it just for one kit. Maybe thy'd change it for parties with Dorn in them, but I would not hold my breath.

And for what it's worth, just like the chaotic neutral alignment, "eccentric" looks more likely than not is just an excuse for some "role" players to try and cheat the system.
    Well, considering Kelemvor's followers like black and death/skull motifs, and they're not an evil religion, some guy walking around in morbid armor is not exactly grounds for an FBI investigation in the Forgotten Realms setting.

What system is being cheated, exactly? Chaotic Neutral characters that run around killing people suffer the same consequences as any other CHARNAME. In P&P it's even easier, as a DM, to correct a CN player thinking that gives them license to do whatever they please.
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    Well paladins are all Lawful Good so they would probably just ask you to leave, being evil isn't against the law. But murdering someone for being evil is.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Sceptenar said:

being evil isn't against the law.

It is in my book! Along with "having loot and not sharing" and "being worth lots of exp". Time to deal out some justice...
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    edited November 2013
    It would not make sense for the Paladins to immediately be hostile towards charname, they would have to catch charname in an evil act, hear it mentioned, or be given reason to detect your alignment, which would then have charname shown to the door. From which point they would know of charname slightly. Personally, I think they should get Radiant Heart Paladins hunting charname if he/she murders enough people ingame which would then give them full reason to hunt charname down and kill him/her.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    My vote goes to @zerckan
  • BeowulfBeowulf Member Posts: 236
    Would the order of the radiant hart be deers and parley with a red dragon if it alighted outside their porch and asked to treat with them peacefully?.... Also to get to be a ninth level blackguard your infamy would seemingly be obvious... So you would think they would at the least follow you around the store like b.h.obma. when he was a nerdy Harvard thirft store shopper....
    .but I like the hunting down idea though it is in theory done already with regular guards.... I am guessing there will be no reaction at all since it would make being a blackguard more difficult and just be a bother to add in extra coding... They do of course reject you for the grail quest if you have a low rep so I assume e that might be an auto reject for a blackguard.... But it seems to me it would make sense to attack you on sight if you entered their stronghold in the same way as if a red dragon flew down and landed in their court yard both are the definement and crucible of all evil and naughtyness what is more evil a red drahgon or a blackguard? mmmm.... But I doubt the programmers will bother with that sort of thing as it would then nulify some interactions with them -gor example the quest for cleric most irritating lawful good or chaotic neutral Ammoein quest.... I can't decide to play through first as a blackguard or goodly type.... Of course in real life I encotered more than one blackguard in the USMC ammoral death metal goth vampires that swore they would torture the first prisoner they got.... To which of course I always responded that such acts in my presence would lead to a butt stock to the head which will knock silly even the baddest Tijuana roid buying beefy guy....and no my boring times in the Arab wastes never saw me with any Arab prisoners... But yes yes there were lawful and good marines too though I am not sure if they would be classed as rangers, fighters, or cheater wand of the heavens enemy instant death cheaters.... I guess if they went to ranger schools that makes them rangers..? Maybe stalkers as the attacks are always done pre dawn.... Ever since keep of the border lands with the black knight and of course all those githyanki in DND table top games I always was fond of blCkguatd antipalidins though yes in real life they are wretched nasty base fellows.... Also I hate my nexus android so sue my fat mom's if you ain't liking my grammar you teen babes of pedantry.... I bough this dumb thing only cuzz BG enhanced was supposed dddddddddddddff tooooooooiooooo come out on androiddddddddddd heloooooo android programers
  • onanonan Member Posts: 223
    So. That grammar book did not take I take it.
  • keuunnykeuunny Member Posts: 15
    wow... I read his whole text wall twice and still it rattled my brain trying to get any sense out of it...
  • CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493
    The Aura of Despair is working.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    I wana chance my voter : paldim of radio heard are cleerly deers.
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    Is that wall of text about bananas or did I misunderstand something?