Skip to content

Emotion - Launching the Game

I've been playing the Baldur's Gate series since it was first released. I've always had a tinge of emotion when I launch the game and hear the opening music. I'm not exactly sure what it signifies for me... perhaps just that I get to go visit one of my favorite alternate realities and enjoy myself for a bit.

I haven't had that experience launching BGEE, up until now. In fact, I had forgotten about that little emotional boost entirely, until a few minutes ago when I launched BGEE and found myself just sitting at the opening screen letting the opening music charge me up.

Really excellent music, and for me this signifies that the nostalgia I have for the series is officially being incorporated with the Enhanced Edition. I've had my hopes, and my doubts... and even my sheer disappointments (i.e. hearing that BGEE had been taken off the market, and BG2EE was on hold) about this project. But the Enhanced Edition continues to improve, and as far as I'm concerned has completely replaced the original release of the game. In fact, I plan to pre-order BG2EE today.

So kudos to Overhaul/Beamdog for keeping the faith alive, and continuing to push, and push, and push to breathe new life into the series. I very much look forward to what's to come!!

Comments

• MichailMichail Member Posts: 196
    edited November 2013
    Awe and thrill. That's what i feel upon starting the game since the day i first run it, some 14 years ago... It's like a learned pavlov's dog reaction.
    Post edited by Michail on
  • DeefjeDeefje Member Posts: 110
    After the patch, I spent nearly an hour on the character creation screen deciding what to play this playthrough. Haven't done that in a decade since I started to always play fighter/thief at some point.