Skip to content

Forgotten realms novels

baldrat60baldrat60 Member Posts: 43
Ive read everything by R A Salvatore with the exception of war of the spider queen (though i know this was only overseen by him)

Im thinking of dipping my toe and reading one other authors book is there anyone stanb out that people can recommend. Thanks

Comments

• OxvaOxva Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 80
    I think you should read War of the Spider Queen series. It's really good, I'm in the middle of the first one and I'm enjoying it a lot.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Elaine Cunningham's Liriel Baenrae series is very good. I think her father is Gromph Baenrae, the head of the Sorcere. And she ends up with a Rashemen Berserker as a companion. Fyodor, his name is. I also liked the "Darkwalker on Moonshae" series- the first much more than the second one.

Also the original "Spellfire" novel, the "Sembia" series (about a family of Sembians who are descended from a female adventurer and her merchant husband- he doesn't know about her history as an adventurer- she was thrown forward in time and had to take the place of one of her descendants to array this merchant, Thamalon Uskeveren. The series follows their children and some of the servants of the house. The daughter is a thief (and shows up again in the book of the Rogues series called "The Yellow Silk"), the head butler (I think) is a servant of the god Mask, God of Thieves, and ends up becoming part-shadow. He also ended up with his own series, his name being Erevis Cale. The first book is called "The Halls of Stormweather" and provides seven short stories, one about each member of the family, including one of the maids, who happens to be a bastard daughter of the head of the Household, Thamalon Uskeveren.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Read the Avatar series. Those are good books and so is Cunningham's Liriel books.
  • chrstnmonkschrstnmonks Member Posts: 176
    The Erevis Cale seriies and the Twilight War series both by Paul S. Kemp The Last Mythal series by Richard Baker Return of the archwizards by Troy Denning The priest series and The wizards series Tymora"s luck and Finder"s Bane These are all very good in my opinion especially Paul S. Kemp He is a extremely good author
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    LadyRhian said:

Elaine Cunningham's Liriel Baenrae series is very good. I think her father is Gromph Baenrae, the head of the Sorcere. And she ends up with a Rashemen Berserker as a companion. Fyodor, his name is. I also liked the "Darkwalker on Moonshae" series- the first much more than the second one.

I did not like that series. I only read the first one and couldn't bring myself to read the rest, even though I bought all three (should have done more research before purchase), because I found it so boring. And for reasons I no longer remember I really hated Fyodor. I generally find Elaine Cunningham's books boring. I have Evermeet, but was only able to get through maybe a third of it before having to put it down.