Skip to content

Is there going to be hot fix soon please? (NPC voices are cut at the beginning)

Please, could any of developers confirm that there is going to be a hot fix for NPC broken sounds? Since patch all voices are cut off once I click on the item on the ground, or on my charname. All battle shouts are violently cut at the beginning once e.g. rat makes it "squeak". It is horrible, and it really twists my nerves. I love all NPC shouts and quotes! I red about this issues before but I can't find any new info about possible update about this matter. Please, devs, at least confirm that sounds will be provided correctly in BG 2 EE. I grew up on BG 2, it is still my game No. 1 and I can't imagine to play it without hearing full sentences from Minsc and Boo and others. Thank you!

Comments

• MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    LiamEsler said:

It might not be a hot-fix (it's an engine thing, so that's not really possible), but it's something we're actively looking into fixing.

So this is a bug after all? Because according to @Dee here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/22759/only-one-character-is-allowed-to-speak-at-a-time#latest this is working as intended.

Dee said:

Whether or not it was an intentional change, it's clear that it's something a lot of people are unhappy about, and that's something worth fixing.

That's nice to hear. :)

• EffinyEffiny Member Posts: 378
    Thank you very much for quick and positive answer, devs. :-)
  • marcerormarceror Member Posts: 577
    I actually like the change. I was becoming very annoyed with hearing Neera's full battle cry over and over and over... and over. It's better that she only says part of it during shorter battles. I was about ready to murder her.
    marceror said:

I actually like the change. I was becoming very annoyed with hearing Neera's full battle cry over and over and over... and over. It's better that she only says part of it during shorter battles. I was about ready to murder her.

I don't use Neera much...And yes, her battle cry is very long. But I miss Minsc's squeaky wh....:-P
    Maybe a compromise would be to give Neera one or two additional battle cries that are much shorter, and alternate which one she uses.
    marceror said:

Maybe a compromise would be to give Neera one or two additional battle cries that are much shorter, and alternate which one she uses.

Yep, sounds good. Oooor, the devs will make this optional - cut sounds or full quotes.
    Thinking about this a bit more, it really only is Neera's battle cry that gets on my nerves. In other cases having the voices cut out is rather bothersome. Like when Khagain and Edwin have their banter, I click on the ground in the middle of it, and the voices cut out. That I could do without for sure.
    I'd personally prefer if they just went straight back to how it worked before. I liked hearing their lines in full.
    I'm glad to have so many people on board. :-)