Skip to content

Patch download

Hi,

is there a possibility to download the new 1.2 patch manually for steam users?. Actually I'm kind of sad for purchasing this game on steam i didn't know that i can buy this game on the beamdog website as well.

Well, it would be nice if we can update this game manually until atari is going to patch this on steam.

Comments

• MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    Pretty sure they can't legally do that. I don't know why that would be precisely, but seeing as how this has been a constant complaint with every patch since release, I'm sure if there was a work-around it would have been found by now.

Sorry, you'll have to wait some more time. Shouldn't be more than a week or two. Buy BG2EE from Beamdog directly =P
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    Beamdog has already stated that they can't circumvent the Steam approval process that way, you're just going to have to wait until the patch works it's way through the Atari/Steam bottleneck.
  • ayunoayuno Member Posts: 42
    I'll go out and kill myself now
  • doomdoomdoomdoomdoomdoom Member Posts: 89
    There are games on Steam that have their own autoupdaters baked in, so it's either about Atari approval or just an excuse to stick to a cheaper method. Probably the latter, as I don't think Atari somehow enjoys having to babysit game updates either.
  • Nome22Nome22 Member Posts: 6
    Maybe they could have a patch download here button on this site and post beside it steam users don't use this, or not intended for Steam users.
    Would help some of the people that don't have internet that want to get the patch on a flash drive from a friend.
    If some Steam users went here and got the patch it would not be Beamdog fault because they posted not for steam users.
    and everyone's happy, well everyone but Atari but they are never happy.
  • chaosapiantchaosapiant Member Posts: 32
    This solution isn't viable for most people, but I bought both games twice, once on Steam and once from Beamdog. I like having games on Steam because Steam has proven to be a solid long term solution for acquiring games online, where-as i'd never even heard of Beamdog before BG:EE was announced. However, BG:EE wasn't available on Steam at first either, so I'd already had a copy on Beamdog. Your savegames work in either version, so once Steam updates, i'll go back to playing that copy. Plus, I'd like to support the developers when I can for putting a spit shine on one of my most beloved game series.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    ayuno said:

Hi,

is there a possibility to download the new 1.2 patch manually for steam users?. Actually I'm kind of sad for purchasing this game on steam i didn't know that i can buy this game on the beamdog website as well.

Well, it would be nice if we can update this game manually until atari is going to patch this on steam.

I was actually wondering if the whole patch could be released as a hotfix to copy into the over-ride folder.

But I have a feeling that:
    1, It couldn't
    2. It would serve to confuse things like bug reporting

This solution isn't viable for most people, but I bought both games twice, once on Steam and once from Beamdog. I like having games on Steam because Steam has proven to be a solid long term solution for acquiring games online, where-as i'd never even heard of Beamdog before BG:EE was announced. However, BG:EE wasn't available on Steam at first either, so I'd already had a copy on Beamdog. Your savegames work in either version, so once Steam updates, i'll go back to playing that copy. Plus, I'd like to support the developers when I can for putting a spit shine on one of my most beloved game series.

Sorry, Post was more of a vent for me than anything else,
    I know they wont put a link up for the download, do to cost of extra bandwidth and what knots on webpage, Plus risk of going back in court with Atari.

"This solution isn't viable for most people"
    Most people don't have any problems getting the patches, post was for the that can't get it throw normal means.

"Plus, I'd like to support the developers when I can for putting a spit shine on one of my most beloved game series."
    Spending 20$ on a game I already own with same spit shine I got from mods, was me showing support the developers, Buying a 3rd copy from Beamdog is something I don't want to do.

PS
    Sorry it is late, and this is most likely me just venting more.

PPS
    I remember the first time members of my party starting talking back and forth on there own and even yelling at me, sense then I was hooks on the BG series. ^.^

When I said the solution wasn't viable, I meant buying each game twice. Most people won't/can't buy a game two times, that's all I meant.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    @chaosapiant There was a poll titled something like "Am I the only one who played the original Baldur's Gate" a few weeks ago. The number of people who have at least 2 copies (or more) is pretty staggering. But we're on the Baldursgate.com forums so a degree of enthusiasm and borderline obsession is to be expected.

Original CD copy, DVD copy, GoG copy, BG:EE copy. There's a lot to choose from ;)
    Six CD, DVD Collection, GOG, BG:EE and BG:EE Steam for me :)
    You guys collected so many of them?. I just lost the old CD's from BG 1+2 :( .. but i don't like CD's / DVD's meanwhile cause i use Steam. I purchased all games that i've already owned as CD/DVD on Steam as well. In future people will not able to use CD's or DVD's i guess. And i hope Steam will be the only one Platform cause i don't like Origin or Uplay.
    ayuno said:

I purchased all games that i've already owned as CD/DVD on Steam as well.

I done that with a few of my games, clean up some shelf space, my biggest fears are Steam goes under or when I try to download an old game they say they no longer support it.

Six CD, DVD Collection, GOG, BG:EE and BG:EE Steam for me :)

Nice, I only got the Original 6 disks and Steam BB:EE
  • AkachiAkachi Member Posts: 38
    Also have a DVD copy of 1 and 2, a gog one (also both), BG:EE on Steam (there was a sale ;) ) plus the 4CD BG2.

Doesn't compare to my Fallout 2 collection though:
    Original CD version (paid 60USD), CD from a polish magazine, DVD from a re-release, Gog, CDP.PL (same guys as gog) and finally Steam :)
    Not sure if this is real or fake but I ran across this.

Phillip Daigle ‏@daigledopple 18h
    #BGEE Patch 1.2 is coming to Steam fairly soon - we're getting everything set up for that today.

Cris Quiterio ‏@CrisQuiterio 15h
    @daigledopple does that mean 1.2 on steam today? or within the next few days

Phillip Daigle‏@daigledopple @CrisQuiterio Next few days, we're being given access to submit Steam builds today, and then we'll need to do some quick tests.

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    That's real.
  • silver_gpsilver_gp Member Posts: 21
    I am waiting for the new patch on mac app store eagerly.....
    Nome22 said:

I done that with a few of my games, clean up some shelf space, my biggest fears are Steam goes under or when I try to download an old game they say they no longer support it.

That'll never happen because Steam's money income is really... really huge. And let us say It'll happen if so, some other firms will try to get the rights on steam. As customer you're on the safe place. Anyways, i hope they'll change their GTC so we can get these games also DRM free.
  • FelspawnFelspawn Member Posts: 161
    edited November 2013
    Nome22 said:

Not sure if this is real or fake but I ran across this.

Phillip Daigle ‏@daigledopple 18h
    #BGEE Patch 1.2 is coming to Steam fairly soon - we're getting everything set up for that today.

Cris Quiterio ‏@CrisQuiterio 15h
    @daigledopple does that mean 1.2 on steam today? or within the next few days

Phillip Daigle‏@daigledopple @CrisQuiterio Next few days, we're being given access to submit Steam builds today, and then we'll need to do some quick tests.

That was my twitter account ;) (the person Daigle was talking to) its real.
    I just downloaded the patch on steam ^.^