Skip to content

evil ranger abilities

Will changing the ranger's alignment to evil via shadowkeeper gimp its abilities?

Comments

• SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    @fish0331 - no. As far as I know, it is only linked to the reputation.
    (Source - I have changed alignment of my Stalker to LE and he did not even notice. Just the interrogations and spying were a bit funnier since)

However, I am hoping for an evil ranger kit. We've been musing about the Dark Hunter several times on this forum.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I believe you will fall if you take the evil options at the climax of BG2: SoA, however, regardless of Rep.
  • fish0331fish0331 Member Posts: 197
    Dark hunter would be nice or some type of demonologist type kit. I would die a happy man. Bg2 is one of my old time favs and nice and all but when it comes down to freedom of char development i.e class/race/align combos compared to that of nwn2 its somewhat underwhelming from a rp perspective. Too strict in some ways.
  • KnellerKneller Member Posts: 438
    fish0331 said:

Will changing the ranger's alignment to evil via shadowkeeper gimp its abilities?

Yes. You will never ever be able to get a miniature giant space hamster as an animal companion.

Ever.

You've been warned.
  • ghostowlghostowl Member Posts: 171
    Maybe Fallen Rangers can lose their racial enemy bonus / charm animal but gain a skill called "Kill animal" no save. That would seem appropriate
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    You will indeed fall like a good ranger. If you want to roleplay it, you could EEkeeper some more fitting evil abilities instead though.