Skip to content

Fighter Thief with a cat familiar

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    I guess this same thing could have happened at high levels when a thief gets Use Any Item and you cast Find Familiar from a scroll. Still, pretty amusing.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Kidnapper!
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    ...Doesn't this also mean that if I keeper my protagonist to have a fund familiar special ability I can have a familiar despite not being mage?

...That's awesome.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    @Thespace I noticed this a few days ago when running 2 player-created characters in multiplayer. As I recall the Cleric/Illusionist summoned his familiar (a cat) and gains HP. He couldn't talk to the cat or put it in his pack, only the CHARNAME paladin could.
  • badbromancebadbromance Member Posts: 238
    Can you summon it? It's pretty BAWSE as discussed in this post:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/205077

You have been granted a great boon, adventurer!
  • BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    @badbromance Hahah, that's awesome. Thanks for that.

@thespace Do you get penalized if the familiar dies?

@badbromance Hahah, that's awesome. Thanks for that.

@thespace Do you get penalized if the familiar dies?

No worries @Basillicum it was the first thing I thought off after reading this post!

@thespace you are now our lab guinea pig so I hope you can answer our questions.

Do you even realise your potential?
    I've just had a grim realisation. It's now possible to summon a familiar in BG:EE, it wasn't in vanilla. You start BG2 with nothing in your inventory. You do not find a familiar in Irenicus' dungeon.

Irenicus will steal your cat! And your soul, but we knew that one was coming.
    I can understand the soul stealing part, but a complete stranger from the internet's cat given to him as a parting gift?

Hard to rebound from I'm afraid.
    He's a catnapping monster. A soulless Elvish Cruella DeVille!
  • OperativeNLOperativeNL Member Posts: 146
    Corvino said:

I've just had a grim realisation. It's now possible to summon a familiar in BG:EE, it wasn't in vanilla. You start BG2 with nothing in your inventory. You do not find a familiar in Irenicus' dungeon.

by ULRAUNTS HAMMER!! This really makes me worry for my cat!! You can see it's shocked reaction in my profile picture!!!

• LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937

Corvino said:

by ULRAUNTS HAMMER!! This really makes me worry for my cat!! You can see it's shocked reaction in my profile picture!!!

By REEVOR'S BEARD! I hope Irenicus isn't THAT heartless! Souls are one thing, but cats are quite another!
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    My question is, do you get the HP bonus from the familiar? Or do you just have to clean out it's litter box?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2013
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    The thing with cats, is they will go in your backpack if you aren't careful.

As far as the HP thing, I "Think" that familiar HP are static, so you would probably notice an extra 12 hp (or is it 6 now??) if you got them, right? I mean if you are rolling random and are level 3, how many HP can you have?

Still, I do agree that would be a cool thing to have happen. Kudos.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2013
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on