Skip to content

So...It is safe to say:

That with only 10 days to go, that a delay, if any, would have been announced by now? I just want to know what level of hope I should realistically have.

Comments

• MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    The last time, the delay was announced 4 days before the original release date, so, everything is possible. The devs have stated that there will be no delay, however.
  • chaosapiantchaosapiant Member Posts: 32
    I'm more concerned with BG2 releasing in the same buggy state as BG1. I imagine it won't be as bad, because most of the engine bugs should be ironed out, but quest bugs might persist until enough people have played it and found issues QA missed. Either way, I don't expect a delay this time.
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    I choose optimism in this case, because it's what I really want to happen. The game will release on time, with minimal bugs.
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    I say its safe to say!
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    I'm being cautious this time around. The delay last time was a reaaaal slap in the face. No pre-order for me until 23:00 on 14th November.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207

Even if the game was delayed I would buy it anyway. They have overcome their problems, even nasty legal ones, and continue to update the game. They didn't jump out of the starting gate with perfect form, they are a young company and I see constant improvement. I want the project to succeed and I firmly believe that it will even if there are setbacks. However, I never expect to change someone's opinion on a web forum so our opinions will simply have to differ. I believe Beamdog has learned from its mistakes and I find it silly to expect them to continue repeating the old ones.

Oh I'll definitely buy it. But I want to be able to play it after I buy it. I felt entirely confident I would be able to last time. The developer/publisher said I'd be able to, not once did they give any indication the game wasn't ready. And then they changed their minds and gave a reason that was simply not true mere days away. So this time I want to minimize the chance of that happening. If 2 releases on time it won't sadden me, quite the opposite. If it doesn't release on time and I didn't expect it to and haven't paid for it either then that won't sadden me either. There's no losing this way.

Yes, Overhaul does do a good job with the game itself. I'm confident they'll continue to do a good job with it and the next one. It's only their release accuracy I'm not confident about. Assuming BGII:EE does release on time though they're perfectly within my good graces again and I'll easily pre-order whatever comes next well ahead of time.

Learning from our mistakes and not repeating them is not in human nature though. Especially not when it comes to something that pleases or annoys a lot of people it seems.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Well, if a word comes out few days in advance, that the game is being delayed ... I'll just pour me a glass of good ol' rum and go to play with me Swashbuckler fer a bit, fellas...
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    A delay would give me time to finish my chaotic evil play through.....but I have a feeling I just won't buckle down and finish it.

Looking forward to next weekend! My wife and kids won't see much of me.
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606

We're looking pretty good right now. If push came to shove we could probably release it today. Right now we're mainly just testing and fixing annoyances here and there, polishing a few scenes, fixing typos, that sort of thing. As I understand it, preloading will start soon.

Praise Mystra!

Do we get to pre-load most of the game this time so we don't have a huge chunk to download when it releases like last time?
  • KingGhidorahKingGhidorah Member Posts: 201
    ajwz said:

Southpaw said:

Well, if a word comes out few days in advance, that the game is being delayed ... I'll just pour me a glass of good ol' rum and go to play with me Swashbuckler fer a bit, fellas...

That kind of sounds like it should be a terrible euphemism.
    Remember to unbuckle before you start swashing...
    You're just lucky his Swashbuckler doesn't have access to backstab...

• CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493
    Southpaw said:

Honest to Bhaal, it is not.
    I just need to finally finish my last Swashbuckler play-through, so he is ready for the BG2EE

Same here actually. Was waiting til the last patch finally went live to do my definitive BGEE Swashbuckler playthrough. Was really hoping to have that done before BG2EE came out but the delays with the patch made it unlikely, given I don't have much available playtime this week.

Well there are worse fates than having games waiting for me to catch up to.