Skip to content

Starting to hear things?!... (nonsequitur warning: Minsc vs Courage the Cowardly Dog)

Weirdest thing just happened...

I am watching the Courage the Cowardly Dog while testing EEkeeper on my Mac installation by converting "Abdel" into a Fighter/Invoker. Good Times...

The suddenly, Minsc starts talking to me!

I am, like, "Dang, I finally lost it!" -- (BGEE is NOT running, so I should not be hearing Minsc IRL (in real life).)

Turns out that Minsc is also the voice actor for "The Great Fusilli" in Courage the Cowardly Dog (episode 1.13 if you got Netflix).

Really spooked out there for a moment...

(Original voice talent of BG was awesome! David Warner still gives me the creeps.)

Comments

• YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
    edited November 2013
    P.S. Some googling tells me that Jim Cummings did:

Minsc, Firkraag, Gorion, Tazok, Abazigal, Gromnir Il-Khan, Demogorgon

Yes, Minsc is the DemoGorgon.
    (And how did I not notice he was also Gorion?!)
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Ygramul said:

P.S. Some googling tells me that Jim Cummings did:

Minsc, Firkraag, Gorion, Tazok, Abazigal, Gromnir Il-Khan, Demogorgon

Yes, Minsc is the DemoGorgon.
    (And how did I not notice he was also Gorion?!)

I don't think he appreciates you revealing his love life like this. :(

• ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    i should maybe watch courage again for some nostalgia. that show was not for kids :) it gave me nightmares when i was little i remember that for sure!
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    There's an episode of Code named Kids Next Door where Jim plays a character that's a parody of Minsc from Baldur's Gate. I don't know the episode number, but he plays a character thats in a extreme battle against ties.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Jim Cummings is probably the most prolific voice actor in America, and it is AWESOME.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847

There's an episode of Code named Kids Next Door where Jim plays a character that's a parody of Minsc from Baldur's Gate. I don't know the episode number, but he plays a character thats in a extreme battle against ties.

Did a quick search and its Operation K.N.O.T. if anyone wants to go watch it. Cernd's voice actor, Jason Marsden, is also in that episode.

My favorite part was, "WHERE MOOSK GOES, TIES GET DE BUTT-KICKIIINNNG!"
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    Flashburn said:

Did a quick search and its Operation K.N.O.T. if anyone wants to go watch it. Cernd's voice actor, Jason Marsden, is also in that episode.

My favorite part was, "WHERE MOOSK GOES, TIES GET DE BUTT-KICKIIINNNG!"
    Back in the day when I first watch that episode, I was like "Wow that voice and name sound familar." and then he said that line and I was OMG someone knows about Baldur's gate? Because at age twelve the only people I knew who knew about Baldur's gate was my family. I didn't realize it was a popular game back then.