Skip to content

Sleepy elves

It has been some time since i last played this game so i cant fully remember, but were the elves always suffering from narcolepsy.

Kivan seems to be constantly tired. Even Jaheira who's a lean elf and carries heavier armor than Kivvy, doesnt get so weary so often.

Does it have something to do with their con score? Or are (pure)elves just generally more susceptible to fatigue.

Comments

• etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349
    yes, it has alot to do with con score, I don't know any numbers, but from experience I know that low con members always get tired before high con.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    It's just the constitution, and some of the elves have notoriously bad con (Xan, Viconia). Lore-wise, elves shouldn't need to sleep at all, which is probably why you are surprised they get tired. But in game, only the con counts.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2013
    If you are between 8-15 con you get no bonus/negative to your fatigue. But characters or party members that are higher than that will get a bonus.

Edit: Corrected.
    Post edited by elminster on
  • chaosapiantchaosapiant Member Posts: 32
    Also be sure to check how many hours it takes to get from place to place. Anything over 24 hours, and you're almost guaranteed to get sleepy party members. I always rest immediately after travel. This is especially true for the bottom half of the map, where two adjacent areas can be 32 hours apart.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    @elminster
    But Xan *always" gets tired first in my playthrough... It might be confirmation bias though.
  • CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493
    Viconia always wants to go to sleep in my playthrough. But I'm fine with this since it fits in with my romantic goals. :P
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2013

@elminster
    But Xan *always" gets tired first in my playthrough... It might be confirmation bias though.

Yea sorry its 8-15. So Xan would get a penalty towards it but Viconia doesn't. The file that relates to all this is HPCONBON.2DA.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Ironically enough, they're immune to sleep spells!
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    Heh, I tend to find that Rasaad gets sleepy before anyone else, but I guess that's just my experience.
  • KoyoteKoyote Member Posts: 89

Viconia always wants to go to sleep in my playthrough. But I'm fine with this since it fits in with my romantic goals. :P

It's funny, sleepy women always seem to twart my romantic goals :-(
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    Honestly? This is the most insightful thread on this forum, tremendous observation!!
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    From @elminster's data, Elves apart from Xan shouldn't get tired first. But in my (and others) experience they seem to. Are Elves just whinier than everyone else, Skie excepted?