Skip to content

Items possible to transfer/import from BG EE to BG 2 EE?

It is known if the list in the above link is valid for EE series or it changed?
http://www.forgottenwars.com/bg1/miscellany.htm

Comments

• CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    As far as I'm aware the items you used to be able to "import" into Irenicus' dungeon haven't been changed. At least, there has been no official statement to that effect.
  • BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    I think someone stated they haven't been touched, but I can't find it right now. So basically that list still applies and there aren't any new items you can import.

The cheat of pausing the game and dropping your items to the ground at the very beginning has been fixed, you can't do that anymore.
  • karl_maulderkarl_maulder Member Posts: 133
    If i remember correctly Dee said in another thread that there is now a third list for weapons(should have been implemented originally in SoA), which means Sarevoks swords is no more.
  • nemiafalanemiafala Member Posts: 18
    What? But I like Sarevok's sword D: I was looking forward to giving it to Dorn...
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I don't remember saying anything like that.
    Someone (can't remember who) did mention that The Sword of Chaos was part of a third list that wasn't complete. I've never heard it confirmed though.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited November 2013

If i remember correctly Dee said in another thread that there is now a third list for weapons(should have been implemented originally in SoA), which means Sarevoks swords is no more.

Corvino said:

Someone (can't remember who) did mention that The Sword of Chaos was part of a third list that wasn't complete. I've never heard it confirmed though.

Are you thinking of this post?
    https://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/360590/#Comment_360590
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2013
    Dee said:

@CamDawg and I do look a lot a like; it's a little known fact that the Green Ranger was a wombat.

That or maybe the Wombat was one of the original Zord designs that never made the cut. :)
    The thread you linked does have some interesting possibilities @TJ_Hooker. I do like the Sword of Chaos though.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    While Burning Earth seems like an obvious choice, given its multiple damage vs. types, I'm also considering Bala's Axe for Korgan (or Minsc, while in Chateau Irenicus), as it would be useful against the abundance of spellcasters in the game. Dalok at the Druid Grove originally carried Burning Earth, so I wonder if he'll still have it if you import it into the game, since it's a unique item.

Whatever the case, I'm glad there are now options instead of the Sword of Chaos.
  • Well if they do enable the weapon import list, it'll need some tweaking since many of the items on it are present elsewhere in the game already. Still, they added enough new weapons in BGEE to be able to make some replacements.
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    Hopefully they at least let you keep your gem bag, scroll case and potion bag. Either that or have them available much earlier.
  • Your familair must transfer. Otherwise you have to cast a new one for extra profit
    I think @Dee said in some other thread that Familiars don't transfer either. I'm not sure if you can cast it again or if you just can't get a Familiar again. Or what happens to the hit points you got from casting the Familiar.
    Currently Familiars don't import/export in BG:EE as far as I can tell.

You also have your HP determined anew every time you import, so your HP will be rerolled for each level if you play on core or above. I just tested this by exporting my 120 HP level 8 Cavalier from his final save (Yeah, I reduce the difficulty for level-ups) and importing him into a new Core difficulty game, where he starts with 73 HP.

If you start the game with Normal difficulty you get HP calculated as max per level retrospectively.
    Yeah, that's actually pretty good way of doing it. I tested this by importing a character with familiar to BG:EE. His hit points reseted correctly to level they were before the familiar was summoned and I was able to summon it again, regaining the hit points.

So basically you just have to cast the spell again in the beginning of BG2:EE to get your hit points and familiar back. Actually you get a better familiar, since they were nerfed in BG:EE to suit more low level play in one of the patches.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

Hopefully they at least let you keep your gem bag, scroll case and potion bag. Either that or have them available much earlier.

Arledrian (above Gaelen) has a gem bag. Bernard (Copper Coronet) has a scroll case. Sister Galena (top of Watcher's Keep) has a gem bag and a potion bag. You can get these all basically fairly early in the game.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    I plan on reapplying all my updates to Irenicus' dungeon, including several pieces of the standard set of equipment you would have found during your earlier adventures being on the jailkeep table or behind the painting while the rest of the equipment--the weapons and armor, specifically--are in the hands of his underlings. If you want that stuff you'll have to take it from their cold, dead hands. Of course, starting the game with better equipment means facing more difficult opponents--like many mages, Irenicus uses golems and elementals as his servants because he doesn't have to pay them or feed them.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    edited November 2013
    Okay, so I think I must have missed this discussion, but import 2 (the weapon import) will now work as it was meant to before? (Am i reading this right?) But if you don't have any you'll still get the Sword of Chaos? Or is the Sword of Chaos not longer available normally?

*quickly goes to delete all importable weapons on Charname*
    Post edited by Eudaemonium on
  • Okay, so I think I must have missed this discussion, but import 2 (the weapon import) will now work as it was meant to before? (Am i reading this right?) But if you don't have any you'll still get the Sword of Chaos? Or is the Sword of Chaos not longer available normally?

*quickly goes to delete all importable weapons on Charname*

The devs have said they want to look at enabling import 2, but have not said anything about it actually functioning, or how the list might be modified.

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Ah, okay. Thanks for clearing that up :)

Since we have heard that Ascension will be ready at (or close to) launch, I wanted to make sure I could get Sarevok's sword for him later :)