Skip to content

Blackpits in-game integration?

If this has been discussed before, then apologies, but is there ever a chance that the Black Pits could be added officially or unofficially into the "main" game? I'm not particularly interested in stand alone content, but a fighting arena within the main BG campaign would be awesome!

Comments

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    It has been brought up before, and the general consensus seemed to be that balance would end up being an issue, in terms of the massive XP gains.
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    @Jackjack is correct. The loot and gold and xp would break the game.

It can be accessed from the main story via the console, but from what I understood, you will probably want to save before you head off.
  • YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
    edited November 2013
    What should have happened is that they instead design a new dungeon (perhaps even an arena) integrated to the game.

Too late now.
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    Ygramul said:

What should have happened is that they instead design a new dungeon (perhaps even an arena) integrated to the game.

Too late now.

Better add such stuff in BG2:EE, in my opinion.
  • ZarakinthishZarakinthish Member Posts: 214
    It should be pointed out that Black Pits has a level cap that works differently than the main game. So besides the possible issue of reaching high levels well before the main game intends, you also have the problem of some multiclass and dual class characters reaching a higher level than can be attained in the main game. See the old thread "Black Pits Level Cap - Research" for more on this.
    Aside from gameplay problems, there are also issues with timeline when it comes to Black Pits, as it takes place just before and/or during the very beginning of the main game.

@Ygramul and @Calmar, last I heard there were still plans for a new adventure for BG:EE (referred to as Adventure Y) that is planned for after BG2:EE is released.