Skip to content

Updated to Version 1.2.0.2029 - now my main character is dead in all saves

Hi, really hoping someone can help with this!

I just updated to the latest version and now my main character is dead in all of my saves, so that if I launch any of them, the death screen immediately starts. I can't access any controls at all.

Any help really really appreciated!

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Did you mod your game at all or edit your saves prior to the patch?
  • patfahypatfahy Member Posts: 3
    No, not at all.
    Is your character a mage? If so, does your character now or did they ever have a familiar?
  • madtrukmadtruk Member Posts: 6
    Dee said:

Is your character a mage? If so, does your character now or did they ever have a familiar?

Same thing here. yes to mage; yes to familiar. But, the familiar is still alive when I return.

If you can send your saved game to me at dpennyway@beamdog.com with a subject line of "Familiar Problems", I'll see if I can fix your save for you; though, fair warning, I'm about to enter tech for a show this weekend, so I might not respond immediately.
  • patfahypatfahy Member Posts: 3
    No probs, will do - thanks very much. My character's a mage, with a familiar in her pack!
  • madtrukmadtruk Member Posts: 6
    I lucked out and had one save with enough life to keep going, @Dee. Is there a fix for this yet?
    Currently, the fix is to send me your .GAM file from your saved game and I'll fix it for you. I also recommend not letting your familiar die, as that's what causes the problem in the first place.