Skip to content

Good Job With v1.2!

FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
When I last tried BG: EE I found:

- The font was very blurry and hard to read for any length of time.
- Too much stuff blocking your view/interface obfuscated too much of the playing field making the game feel very cramped.
- Poor Steam Overlay support.

Now with v1.2 I find that:

- Font is extremely crisp and easy to read (Makes a world of difference). Is it also larger? If yes then that is nice too.
- Interface is a lot less intimidating feeling and obfuscates less of the playing field, resulting in the game no longer feeling really cramped.
- Steam overlay is now properly supported, or at least from what I've tested it doesn't cause excessive flickering in various parts of the game.
- Various parts of the game (FMV cutscenes for instance) now fill the entire screen instead of having a border around them.

Overall, I find the new UI and other improvements introduced in this patch finally at long last make BG:EE really feel like an enhancement of the original game. Before, BG: EE still felt a bit tacky and outdated and didn't really feel like much had changed.

The only negative thing I've noticed in my brief experience with the v1.2 patch is that it still doesn't support Smooth Mouse Wheel scrolling which some Mice make use of. So scrolling menus, text, the map etc. with the scroll wheel doesn't work very well. Oh also when you start the game it shows some text that appears to be an excerpt/quote of something, that text appears then fades out super fast now making it hard to read it all.

More info posted here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/19593/smooth-mouse-wheel-scrolling-not-supported#latest
Post edited by Franpa on