Skip to content

Question about weapon sound effects

Howdy lads

This is probably going to be slighty difficult question to form coherently but lets try.

Any way to increase the sound effect of successful weapon strike. And only that. You know, that ''thunk'' it makes when the strike connects. Actual sound effect of course depends on your weapon and what it hits. Flesh and metal produce different sounds. But you know what i mean at this point im sure.

I know the sound effect slider from in-game menu does that, but it also increases other sounds, like spells, potions, which im not looking to make any louder.

I looked baldur.ini for a solution but it didnt appear to me anyway.

On my system for some reason i cant hear anything when weapons hit. Only when they crit can i hear a very slight effect, but otherwise my two-handed wielding guy could aswell be hitting air when he hits someone. And if i pump the sound effect glider up so those melee hits become audible, then any spell effect becomes equivalent of jet engine on takeoff.

Comments

• ShadowTigerShadowTiger Member Posts: 60
    I think you could use mod tools to extract the sounds, load them in an audio editor, boost the volume, and then get the game to use the louder versions. I don't know if you are willing to go to that effort.
  • JnnJnn Member Posts: 34
    Thanks for reply. Ye i think thats somewhat too much work involved. I guess i have to find a middle ground with sound effect glider where i can hear weapons hits without being deafened by spell effects.

First world problems eh