Skip to content

UK Timezone (RP Strong)

MuttleyMuttley Member Posts: 65
Now that the multi-player is easier to use, I'm looking for a group to RP our way through the story from scratch. Make our way through the game at a nice leisurely pace. Was thinking 8pm(GMT) on either a Sunday or Wednesday for a couple of hours as they are the only free nights I have. Leave a message if you are interested.

Cheers
Muttley

Comments

• TetraploidTetraploid Member Posts: 252
    I'd be keen!
  • jameskerjamesker Member Posts: 99
    As would I, I'm also from the uk
  • MuttleyMuttley Member Posts: 65
    Sorry for the late response folk. Been fishing all day today. Nice to see some interest. Not sure exactly how we would proceed from here. I guess we could discuss class options etc in this thread and organise a time. Dunno if 3 would be enough or if we would want more?
    Personally I'd be happy to go ahead with three if no one else shows interest. You could leave it another day and see how it goes?

Oh, by the way, Wednesdays are a good day for me, but Sundays less so.
    Wednesdays are probably better for me too.
  • MalbortusMalbortus Member Posts: 106
    Well, I'd be interested. I played through some of the original campaigns (BG1, IWD1, IWD2) online with a fixed group of friends, back in the day. Took 6 months a game. I'm in Belgium, 9pm on Sundays and/or Wednesdays sounds good if you don't intend to play all-nighters.

Will there be any rules? Having an evil all-18 character running around slaughtering everyone isn't necessarily fun for the other players.

Will the group be using voice comms? It make tactical gameplay easier but some people aren't comfortable role playing/acting with their voice. (I am, plus I'm an awful typist.)

I'd be partial to playing either a fighter/mage, a fighter/thief (if the group needs a thief), or a ranger/cleric (if the group needs a cleric).

Cheers
    Mal
    Voice chat is out for me. I prefer just RPing in the chat box personally. I'm not planning all nighters myself either as I got work following day. Is that 9pm GMT or 9pm local time? I'd prefer to play non spell casting charater for myself. Can go either a fighter or ranger depending on what the party needs.
    Yeah, I also would rather avoid voice chat if possible. Character-wise, I'm pretty relaxed, I'll fill whatever gaps are left.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    I would very much like to join :) Maybe we should set up a Hamachi server?
    Muttley said:

Is that 9pm GMT or 9pm local time?

I meant GMT. 8pm GMT means 9pm for me.
  • LiberelliLiberelli Member Posts: 170
    I dont mind joining either, if you decide to take more than 4. I'm also from belgium so timezone shouldnt be an issue.
    Always been a big fan of the arcane arts so if there's a gap to be filled there i'm rdy roll up a mage or sorc, but i'm flexible.
    Also, it might be nice for everyone to get together on skype or steam, just to facilitate game setup, i'd rather not rp with voice myself.
  • Mrpenfold666Mrpenfold666 Member Posts: 428
    i would join but with the new patch my version doesnt work anymore, getting this fact out there as im currently waiting for an update.
    That's sad your game doesn't work, penfold. Mine didn't work until the patch! Shame there isn't a version that works for everyone :(

That's sad your game doesn't work, penfold. Mine didn't work until the patch! Shame there isn't a version that works for everyone :(

Yet! it worked flawlessly with the first version now broken, im just awaiting a fix, i remain hopeful!

Nice to see some more responses! I'll post my skype in here(apologies if it's against rules admin) so you can contact me on there and we can start sorting a game out.

Skype is: mr_muttley
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    We discussed this about a year ago :) I might be up for joining in, however I'm just waiting to see how another opportunity is going to pan out first.
    Yeah I thnk that was shortly before I moved and was then unable to forward ports at my new place. With the new system in place(finally) that wont be an issue.
    Update: Thanks to those of you who have messaged me on Skype. 3 of us tested the waters last night, and after some initial connection problems we got things running ok. We are running another test run this Sunday at 8pm GMT. This will give other players a chance to log in meet/greet etc. Those of us that were there last night discussed our party roles and alignment etc. It looks like we currently have a Ranger, Fighter/Mage and a Thief in the party. Feel free to let us know what you intend to play. Proper play sessions will be on the Wednesday at 8pm GMT.
  • AshtoneAshtone Member Posts: 53
    Hey there, I would be up for trying out some non powerplay multiplayer. I don't mind what class I play at, whatever's needed, but a druid or cleric would be fun :) I'm from UK, so 8:00 pm on Wednesdays suits me fine

Hey group,

This will be my character: Ellesin, elf fighter/mage. Below are her portrait files, based on Jason Chan's amazing Hunter Mara artwork.

I'm assuming we all need to have all custom portraits available locally for them to show up properly in-game, so if you'll be using a custom portrait, please share it in this thread.

-- Mal
    Where abouts in the install directory do the images go?
    They don't go in the install directory, but in BGEE's folder inside Your Documents. For example: C:\Users\John\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\Portraits
    Ahh oki. Cheers for that shuold make things easier. We can test it out Sunday night when we do more trial run stuff.
  • IcecreamtubIcecreamtub Member Posts: 547
    If there's any spots open; I'm definitely interested! ^^
    Add me on Skype Icecreamtub and we can sort it from there
  • devondevon Member Posts: 17
    I'd like to join
    Add us on Skype Devon. We just trying to sort connection issues atm
    i'd love to join but i dont use skype, i am on Xfire though which has chatroom functionality so we can all talk at the same time like skype and its free, oh ill only be really available tuesdays and thrusdays
    edited November 2013
    Well I decided to keep a log of our party's adventure. I'm not sure I got all the forum and character names right, if not please correct and I'll edit the post.

On the technical level, we had many difficulties trying to establish a stable multiplayer situation. In the end only Tetraploid's laptop seems to be able to handle 3 players connecting, this without any port forwarding. There's still work to do on Beamdog's end before fluid BGEE multiplayer games are a reality. At least Skype seems to be interfering with it.

Nevertheless, after this initial hurdle our intrepid party started off.

THE CAST (thusfar)

- Dyrellei, female elf swashbuckler (and unwitting daughter of Bhaal), played by Tetraploid.
    - Rufus Darkstar, male human archer, played by Muttley.
    - Star, female half-elf cleric/mage, played by Liberelli.
    - Ellesin, female elf fighter/conjurer, played by Malbortus.

PROLOGUE

The party met at Winthrop's Inn. Here Meierelli was caught red-handed shoplifting, prompting Helm's guards to confiscate all of the party's gold, despite the others' protests that they had nothing to do with this person or this theft. They reckoned Meierelli owed them now, so she ran off to run small errands and start making up. Within the hour, she was again caught, this time having slain a man! Fortunately for her, Star could testify that this man had in fact attacked Meierelli first, and no murder charges were brought.

All the same her foster father suggested they leave Candlekeep for a while. This of course raised suspicions again, because he offered no valid reason for such travel in these unsafe times. Rufus himself had been robbed by bandits not three days before. So they all accompanied the old man and his adopted daughter, Rufus and Star to keep an eye on this strange elf, Ellesin on her way to Nashkel where she had business to take care of.

CHAPTER I

The added safety in numbers came in useful. Not just for the run-ins with diseased gibberlings and even a dire wolf, but also because three more assassination attempts followed. The first while still inside Candlekeep, another during nighttime on the road which cost the old man his life, and a third in which Rufus was killed by a magic-using assassin on the very steps of the Friendly Arms inn! Fortunately a temple was nearby and he could be raised from the dead.

At the inn they rested, picked up some stories, ran into a gnome with a spider-infested house in Beregost, into a half-orc with social issues, and into a couple of strangers who talked of an issue with an iron mine near Nashkel. Their offer for company was respectully declined, but the Nashkel situation seemed like it might make up for the money that Meierelli still owed the other party members, so that's where they decided to go.

Having observed the group in action however, Ellesin suggested they exercise more at fighting. If it hadn't been for Star's healing powers, half of them would be laying in an early wilderness grave already. For sport, they offed some hobgoblins. Ellesin was pleased to find that Meierelli took a liking to the practice. Those overly quick hands could handle two swords without cutting herself!

They might reach Nashkel alive after all.
    Post edited by Malbortus on
    Nice work Mal! It's Dyrellei, by the way. See you all Wednesday :)