Skip to content

Group saved games by character

As a UI enhancement, I think it would be nice if the game could group saved games by character.

Currently, all saved games are lumped together and sorted by creation date. After having played for a while, I find that my saved game list is a cluttered mess where it takes a bit longer than it could to find what I’m looking for because saves from a given playthrough aren’t always chronologically adjacent.

Instead, the game could present a list of characters, perhaps displaying some basic information about the CHARNAME, like a portrait, name, race, class(es), and level(s) mined from the most recent save game for that character. Upon selection of a character from the list, the game could then present a filtered list of save games only for that character.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    edited November 2013
    Separate quicksaves for different chars. I've saved over my own and other peoples games to many times.
    This is a good idea too, though.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited November 2013
    Like in SWKotOR2:TSL?? It was some sort of good, but not the best, I like overwriting saves, and I have many saves from different characters. But making it work only with Auto-save and Quick-save will make it a lot better, just left the normal saves as they are.
  • RadwulfRadwulf Member Posts: 49
    Yep. Profiles for different CharNames. Excellent idea.
  • GlaykithGlaykith Member Posts: 14
    meagloth said:

Separate quicksaves for different chars. I've saved over my own and other peoples games to many times.

I'm initially proposing just a UI enhancement to make the "Load Game" dialogue more user-friendly as an initial step in the direction of a more full-featured character profile system. Separation of auto/quick-save files for each character would be the next step down that line and I agree that it would be quite beneficial.
    CrevsDaak said:

Like in SWKotOR2:TSL?? It was some sort of good, but not the best, I like overwriting saves, and I have many saves from different characters. But making it work only with Auto-save and Quick-save will make it a lot better, just left the normal saves as they are.

I never played KotOR2, so I can't comment on any similarities, but the profile system that Dragon Age: Origins had is along the lines of what I had in mind.

This wouldn't take away your ability to overwrite old saves.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    This is a very good idea!
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    It would make saves easier to navigate and less likely to be accidentally deleted/overwritten etc.