Skip to content

Existing Vsync implmentation appears to be unreliable?

FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
edited August 2014 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
Rather frequently the display will periodically begin erratically stuttering for a moment, recover for a moment and then again erratically stutter and the frame rate doesn't seem to be impacted whenever this transpires. It feels as though the Vsync implementation is occasionally missing VBLANK causing frames to be displayed for longer then they should be and this causes a cascade effect that lasts for a short while before things stabilize.

Any ideas what to do about this? Is this known? Will there be a fix or an alternative implementation of Vsync to try out in the future?

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Service Pack 1
Intel i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ
ASUS P6T Motherboard
6GB DDR3 RAM
Nvidia Geforce 560Ti (314.22 drivers)
Samsung P2350 computer display
Auzentech Forte XFI Soundcard

- I always play the game Fullscreen at my monitors native resolution (1920x1080).
- I have not modified the frame rate that the game operates at and am not forcing any display modes (refresh rates/resolution/colour depth) via external software.
- I have tried disabling the Desktop Window Manager Compositor, but thankfully this game seems to make use of a Fullscreen Exclusive Display Mode so the Desktop Window Manager Compositor (DWM) included in Windows Vista+ wouldn't have had an effect on anything in the first place.
- I have also tried disabling Triple Buffering in the Nvidia Control Panel as this used to be necessary to prevent flickering/graphical corruption, however it no longer is necessary and, after testing, doesn't have an impact on the problem being discussed.
Post edited by Franpa on

Comments