Skip to content

New area accessible from NW Baldur's Gate

WayniacWayniac Member Posts: 132
While playing through the game again, I realized I had forgotten about an area in Baldur's Gate that I feel like is frequently looked over because... well... it currently serves no purpose. In the northwest corner of N Baldur's Gate, you'll find the "Black Dragon Gate." As of now, one can walk through this gate and walk west off of the map into a small sectioned off area in NW Baldur's Gate. In this area, you run into a closed gate and a guard who informs you that he hasn't seen anyone in forever because he is guarding a gate that has been ordered to no longer be used for passage.

I feel like this little area could be a great spot to add a small side quest of some kind. Maybe Dorn could find out that someone or something he seeks lies beyond that gate and he can only get through with papers he found on Simmeon or something like that? Maybe it can be a bonus area that is only accessible by bribing the guard to let you through with the autograph you obtained from Larry, Darryl, and Darryl?

I'm just throwing some thoughts around. That area currently serves no purpose and I feel like it's a great spot that is already built into the game that can be turned into something pretty cool!