Skip to content

BG 2: Time Constraints in Chapter 6?

HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
Hmmm... how can I ask without using spoilers... cos u know, I don't wanna be spoiler'd, but I don't wanna spoil anyone either. Ok, here goes...

So in Chapter 2 I did only a few of the many quests available before rushing off on a REALLY big quest to save somebody Charname cares about. During this quest, Charname's nemisis took something very important from him, and now there's also a city at risk from whatever devious plans he/she might have.

I have just emerged into Chapter 6 at the end of that big quest and I get the feeling I am quite close to the endgame, and the next confrontation with the 'big bad' might be the last one. Remembering how tricky the 'big bad' of BG 1 was, I don't know if I am ready. Furthermore, I am planning to continue into ToB with my current party, and again I don't know if I am supposed to level-up and gear-up more in order to have a chance with ToB content.

Actually, it has just occurred to me, is ToB content like TotSC content in that I should do it before the final battle?

So am I okay to take my time and complete a few more Chapter 2 quests, is it even recommended to better prepare for the end game of SoA and ToB?

Comments

• atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,154
    In spite of the urgent tone of things, you can take all the time you want finishing things up after Underdark. Unlike ToSC, ToB is mostly a separate game. The only exception being Watcher's Keep which can be done at any time in either game.
    But once you finish the main story of SOA, you will start ToB content and there is no going back.
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, you're not in amn anymore in TOB, you end up going someplace else completely, which is cool.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Sounds like you should do some more Amn quests and maybe a few levels of Watchers Keep before pursuing your nemesis further.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    @Fardragon

That's exactly what I'm doing now... off to the Umar Hills at last! :)
  • There are only a couple of instances in SoA where you are actually under a time constraint, and in those cases someone flat out tells you "You have X days to get this done," so for most of the game you are free to take your time and smell the flowers.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Once you decide to pursue your nemesis there's not much turning back. If you want to complete the rest of the quests then now is pretty much your chance to do it. Once you defeat him you take a one-way journey to pastures new.