Skip to content

BG2EE: Keep Drizzt's equipment

In the original BG2, you could kill Drizzt and his companions, but later on a mage friend of his would (unavoidably) reclaim his items. It would be nice to have the option to confront him for permanent possession of the items.

Also, more support for evil parties in BG2, in general. Hexxat alleviates some of the NPC problem but IIRC there are also very few evil-aligned quests and items in SoA besides the human flesh armor and the relevant questline.

For example, the Holy Avenger and Azuredge are not usable by evil-aligned characters. Meanwhile good characters lose access to...Neb's nasty cutter. As much as I hate to say it, to match the power of Carsomyr it would make a lot of sense to alignment-restrict the Ring of Gaxx.

Anyway, it's probably too late for any of that, but it would be lovely if I could keep my fancy Salvatorean loot after a couple of patches.

Comments

• bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    Drizzt's equipments are kind of bland at that point of the story. However, I like the option of killing that wizard trying to threaten and upstage the child of bhaal. Who does he think he is to cast unblockable imprisonment on the party!

I've dealt somewhat successfully against that wizard before. Just cast timestop at entry of new area with robe of vecna. Cast shapechange and mind drain that bastard till he dies. However, he'll always respawn whenever you move into a new area, so be prepared.
  • needsmoarhamstersneedsmoarhamsters Member Posts: 30
    Interesting - I didn't know you could kill him, even if it was death by cheese. Still, even if the items aren't amazing, I want to be able to turn him into a puddle of red goo for presuming to tell me what to do...Chaotic Evil is great >:)