Skip to content

Multiplayer and Custom Portraits

VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
Now, so far I've only played with friends I know which has given us ample time and ability to exchange custom portraits to avoid seeing large faceless question marks for other peoples' custom characters.

With the Beamdog client coming into its own, playing with total strangers is becoming a more viable option. If the games are able to easily transfer saved game data back and forth, what prevents the client from also aiding in sending the portraits as well? Even if temporary, so total strangers can see, admire, or be repulsed by one's custom portraits?

Just curious, as I figured this would be a no brainer.

Comments

• VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    Seriously surprised this hasn't received a comment yet o.o Am I the only one who uses custom portraits or something?
  • Cynric_AldrichCynric_Aldrich Member Posts: 31
    Well, the portraits are from your own images folder. What would have to happen this is that they have the same image named the same way for it to work. There could be an issue with a file already being named that or an issue with inappropriate images.

Well, the portraits are from your own images folder. What would have to happen this is that they have the same image named the same way for it to work. There could be an issue with a file already being named that or an issue with inappropriate images.

Exactly, which is why I am trying to open some discussion on that matter.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    i'll leave an agree and comment to bring this back up. i think many of us use custom portraits (though this is my first game with one) so this could indeed come in handy. if the game somehow noticed the use of a custom portrait and was like "hey this guy has a custom portrait. click here to download and see their face" of course it probably won't notice a thing if they have a portrait of the same name and rather give them that for a portrait
    Yeah there definitely are some issues to get around but I think it'd be worth the investment, personally.
  • LiberelliLiberelli Member Posts: 170
    Thing is, if they cant get the game to say: "hey this guy is using the same game as me, i should be able to connect", and the game keeps disconnecting or crashing from random ppl, then i think custom portraits isnt very high on the agenda... :P
    I have no problems with multiplayer in that regard o.o
  • ragnerock5ragnerock5 Member Posts: 8
    I didnt either until today kept kicking me out of a everyone welcome game