Skip to content

Spell Duration based on lvl?

Obviously if a sorc or mage cast a spell that it duration is based on his lvl is pretty clear how long it wll last...
But what happens if a thief cast a scrool(with use anything HLA) whats the duration of the spell? it counts the lvl of the thief for the duration or its 0?

e.g there is a spell that says its 3rounds+1 per lvl , obviously for a lvl 20 sorc will be 3+20 but what is happening with a lvl 20 thief casting it through a scrool or even more compicated a dual class 23lvl thief/25lvl fighter?
GemHound

Comments

• GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    I never ever thought about that. Maybe it is the same? or maybe halved?
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I know the Bhaalspawn powers scale (or at least DUHM does). I think scrolls obey a separate set of rules, though.
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    If it is anything like 3rd edition rules, using a scroll to cast will have a duration of the minimum level required to cast the spell. Basically you would need a fifth level mage to cast a 3rd level spell, so a third level spell scroll would work as though you were fifth level when you cast it. But that is the wonderful wonderful 3rd edition, superior in every way to 4th edition, but I am not certain how it works in Baldur's Gate, so it could be completely different.