Skip to content

Black Pit's Sandthief's Ring

Hello everyone,

I have been working through a solo Black Pit's as a thief and it has been a lot of fun so far (and quite challenging!) However I am wondering about something: What is the deal with the Sandthief's ring? It seems perfect for the Thief class so that I don't have to continuously purchase invisibility potions whenever I need to back stab, however it only has one charge and then it disappears. I can't figure out if this is a bug or how it's supposed to be. If it's intended it makes no sense considering it costs 10x as much as an invisibility pot which gives the same amount of usefulness (literally). Anyone know if this is the way it is supposed to be?

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    I'm going with bug.
  • FinaLfrontFinaLfront Member Posts: 260
    Also the sandthief's ring you can buy in Ulgoth's Beard is super expensive with only 7 charges on it. 7 invis potions are so much cheaper
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    I edited that ring to cast invisibility on the user thrice per day then recharge upon resting; this seemed like an equitable balance between being a highly useful item but not so powerful it breaks the game.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    The ring is supposed to do invisibility once per day, and recharge on rest. It does disappear in Black Pits, much to my chagrin.
  • acw18acw18 Member Posts: 62

I edited that ring to cast invisibility on the user thrice per day then recharge upon resting; this seemed like an equitable balance between being a highly useful item
    but not so powerful it breaks the game.

That would be fine if it were like this, heck, even if it was once per day I think it would warrant the price. At least in that case you don't need to constantly be buying invisibility pots. Just seems silly the way it is now, but I think that as Jalily said, it is most likely a bug.

• MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Precisely, which is why I edited it to correct it. There are a few other items that are partially broken, such as the now-unobtainable Root of the Problem but I wind up fixing those, as well. Without the ring's fixes don't waste your money and just keep stocking potions.