Skip to content

2 man party covering f/c/m/t, 160 total attribute points

2»

Comments

• atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,192
    I guess I'm conventional today. My second choice came in second. I could easily see making either combination work effectively.
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    C/T does have the annoying thing with their thief skills being hidden... Although I personally assign them to keys anyway.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Even though F/C and M/T is probably more popular, I'd go for this combination.
    Why?
    It gives your Fighter more utility with Thieving and also more to do on higher levels (Traps, Back-stabbing), while also making your Mage more sturdy and capable, even on lower levels.
    Because, let's face it - in a majority of the battles, you won't be able to tank everyone with your Fighter and your Mage WILL be attacked in melee with little options to flee.
  • BobCBobC Member Posts: 47
    RAM021 said:

Thanks! Agreed - I never understood why the C/T gets such bad reviews. A 19STR HOrc backstabbing with a Quarterstaff is devastating!

RAM

Backstabbing with Righteous Might and DUHM is even better. :D

Definitely the most underrated multiclass in BG1 and BG2. Many of the cleric buffs synergize well with thief abilities, and many cleric spells are underrated in general.
  • RAM021RAM021 Member Posts: 403
    Agreed. From Clr18, Righteous Magic will max STR from 19 negating the need for DUHM.
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    None of the options. F/M/T and C/R. Gotta get that druidic magic, baby.