Skip to content

BGII:EE Multiplayer Notes: PLEASE READ!

CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
edited November 2013 in Multiplayer
Hi everyone!

BGII:EE is almost out, so we thought we'd take the opportunity to make some suggestions for players to help avoid issues in multiplayer.

There are still some kinks to be worked out in the multiplayer system in BG:EE and BGII:EE. There are a couple of things people can do to avoid issues, however, so please read the below:

1. Ensure the hosts assigns all players to himself before chapter transitions and text screen changes.
2. Be patient: transitions can be slow. Wait. Players can rejoin after these events.
3. CTRL+Y is currently only working for the host. Other cheats work fine if enabled.

These issues will be fixed soon, but in the meantime, make sure to do the above. If you have any issues, please report them on the forums, as detailed as you can, preferably with clear steps on how to reproduce the issue.

Black Pits II multiplayer is unstable

There are issues with the BP2 multiplayer we have been unable to fix before release. We're working on them as I type, and they'll be coming soon, but in the meantime, we'd suggest holding off.
Post edited by Cuv on

Comments

• SnoopyMDSnoopyMD Member Posts: 23
    So where exactly do I post the issues I have been having with the MP, is it under the latest patch notes discussion or is it directly in MP discussion thread?
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
  • SnoopyMDSnoopyMD Member Posts: 23
    Jalily said:
    Thank you.
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    @SnoopyMD yes please. If you find more issues or other ways to work around them until we get a patch for this... you will be my hero :)
  • LiberelliLiberelli Member Posts: 170
    Are there any reasons why one would suddenly be unable to connect to more than one person at a time when the week before they could get a full party rocking? I know it's only just launched but i have the same issue that i had with bg:ee since last week. Mind you i'm able to connect for hours there, in bg2 i can only manage a minute, maybe two at most.
    I only ask since nothing changed on my end, and the last patch for bgee worked fine for two weeks before everything turned sour.

Everything is setup according to guidelines and regulations, everything that should be enabled/disabled is done... it just *snap* went awry :(
    edited November 2013
    @Liberelli

I am available to start a BGIIEE multiplayer game to see if we can repro some of these issues. I'll host and will take anyone who wants to join until its filled.

test game is over
    Post edited by Cuv on
  • LocoDuvetLocoDuvet Member Posts: 4
    I don't know if this helps @Cuv but anyway:

3 people have been trying to play. A, B, and C.

A: Beamdog, Win7, all ports open

B: Beamdog, Win7, no ports open

C: Steam, Win7, Probably no ports open, don't know for sure.

We tried every possible way to connect. All hosted, joined in different order, tcp/ip with and without hamachi, beamdogserver with and without hamachi.

Then we tried sending A's baldur.ini to B (after A being latest host), B just replaced A's name with his and used that. C simply deleted his whole .ini-file and then restarted game.

Connecting worked the first time after that, we've had 2 disconnects during our playsession (3+ hours now or so.) and that was just one player dropping, they could join again instantly. And we take no precautions while changing maps/saving, like putting all chars on host etc.
    @LocoDuvet Okay interesting. That is good information! Thank you
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited December 2013
    @Cuv I find CTRL+Y only working for the host more reasonable, I couldn't find funny if someone CTRL+Y over the PC, I think that shouldn't be fixed.
    ULTRA OFF TOPIC SIDENOTE: Where can I post all what I have to say about the iPad beta testing? I've found lots of things I would like to mention, mostly with sliders and other things like that.
    @CrevsDaak Okay, I agree... we should probably leave that for the host only to prevent killing the PC.

For iPad stuff there is a forum for that. Look inside the Support section and under Performance Issues. Feel free to post a thread with your info in there :)
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Cuv thanks! I've created the discussion and name-dropped you.
  • igotsmeakabob11igotsmeakabob11 Member Posts: 19
    I just bought copies for my friends, should I expect any difficulty in setting up multiplayer a game today? I haven't used it since the old days. Any setup tutorial?
  • igotsmeakabob11igotsmeakabob11 Member Posts: 19
    We got through the intro dungeon, time to head outside to the promenade, we hit Done on the text boxes (yes we reassigned all the characters to the host) and it still crashes.
  • serjmaiaserjmaia Member Posts: 8
    how about gatter a group of 4 to multiplayer?
  • serjmaiaserjmaia Member Posts: 8
    if anyone wants to try, add my skype sergiomaia01 with the tag Baldurs
  • HilDahlHilDahl Member Posts: 1
    So these issues are still problems? I have BGEE 1,2 & IWD 1,2 using android. I just bought BG2 for laptop (PC) using Steam. So I cant get the steam game to find the beamdog.net network and visa versa. So I tried the old school way that we used to play this game and Diablo by TCP direct connect and no way, no how was that working. So my second Q is WTH guys?