Skip to content

Xvart Raids - quest

I tried looking for this quest everywhere on the internet but I cannot find anything related to it. There's this farmer in AR4400 (http://www.gamebanshee.com/baldursgate/walkthrough/ar4400.php) by the name of Hulrik that gives you the quest "Xvart Raids" once you successfully protect his cow Arabelle from a raid of xvarts:

"It appears that xvarts have been making regular raids on the livestock around Nashkel. They must be operating from a base nearby, but where, exactly, I cannot be sure."

I then went to the Xvart Village and kill "Nexlit the Xvart" and his entourage as well as the bear and the bear in the cave but there is no closure to the quest.

Either way, I am more interested in the knowledge of this quest since I cannot find ~any~ reference to it online.

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I'm fairly sure that the quest is resolved on the same map it is given. There is a farmstead with a cow being attacked by xvarts. The quest can be failed if the xvarts kill the cow before you reach them
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    That entry doesn't describe a completable quest and belongs in the Journal section; it's a known bug.
  • ThunderSoulThunderSoul Member Posts: 125
    ajwz said:

I'm fairly sure that the quest is resolved on the same map it is given. There is a farmstead with a cow being attacked by xvarts. The quest can be failed if the xvarts kill the cow before you reach them

That's another quest you're talking about.
  • ThunderSoulThunderSoul Member Posts: 125
    Jalily said:

That entry doesn't describe a completable quest and belongs in the Journal section; it's a known bug.

Even after 1.2?
  • AronAron Member Posts: 94
    Im playing BG EE now and i can confirm that Xvart Raids quest is still bugged. You get it as a quest on your journal but it cannot be completed.

I hope they can fix this bug in 1.3 :)

Regards
  • astraurtypastraurtyp Member Posts: 2
    It seems that this bug hasn't been fixed in 1.3.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I've always considered invading the xvart village an evil act.
  • GrifGrif Member Posts: 48
    Just ran into this, so confirming it's still a bug.
  • MirageMirage Member Posts: 81
    Indeed I just did it again and the bug seems to be there. I also returned to speak again to Hulrik but nothing changed. The cow was saved in the first place.
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    DJKajuru said:

I've always considered invading the xvart village an evil act.

It's them or us, son.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Moved to bugs section.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Change the flags on hulrik.dlg responses 1 and 2, removing "add unsolved quest" and replacing it with "add journal note". That should fix it. I think.