Skip to content

[Known 4605] BG2EE quick load=enemies disappear

ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
edited September 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
everytime I quick load it seems that the enemies I was fighting just vanish
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    actually I am beginning to wonder about this one. is there always supposed to be 2 mephitis in the tank room? are there always supposed to be enemies in the library? or are these random encounters that just aren't repeating as long as I load?
  • acw18acw18 Member Posts: 62
    I noticed a pack of goblins disappear after a load. But I'm not sure if they were always there or if random
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    That happens with random encounters in BGEE as well.
    I am sorry I thought they were always there
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    edited November 2013
    Really disappointed that still hasn't been fixed.

Here's simple demostration what I mean. In the first screenshot I've killed a group of goblins.

In the second screenshot the goblins simply aren't there. However they were there before, but I then loaded a savegame I had saved in the previous room. After loading that game and going back to the corridor that group of goblins was there no more.

• goremongergoremonger Member Posts: 2
    I'm getting the same thing, this is a major problem.
  • goremongergoremonger Member Posts: 2
    This is a huge bug. Enemies you've just killed disappear after a reload.
  • BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    I really hope this is addressed soon. Being way to used to quick-loading I've already lost a couple of encounters in the first dungeon.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    edited November 2013
    Yea, this bug really needs to be hotfixed ASAP. It's a is really common occurence unfortunately. The weird thing is this: Monster spawns do not disappear after quick load is actually in the 1.2 patch notes. I don't know if there was mess up where this never made it to the BG2EE build, or if that's a slighty different issue. Either way please fix this @TrentOster! :)
  • SliceofhellSliceofhell Member Posts: 85
    I confirm this. A pack of goblins and 2 mephits in tank room disappeared after quick load. This is a game breaking bug for me.
    I'm going to stop playing until this is fixed.
  • MiloMilo Member Posts: 59
    Yeah, this one is too big to ignore. Don't really have interest in walking through largely empty dungeons, heh.
    At least important enemies reappear. However this is still missing Xp if I am not perfect with no loads
    This will be important in the long run with high xp enemies we need at least a hotfix
    I posted in the other thread on this which is also falling down the page, but is there any word from Devs on this? This is a really frustrating bug/feature, one that was in BGEE for nearly a year before being fixed, so it's surprising to me that a couple weeks after the big patch of the first game the second is released with this still happening.

(I don't like the tone of my own post, heh. I understand a ton of work has gone into this but this issue really dampens any enthusiasm I have to play the game)
    edited November 2013
    I am trying my hardest to go really tryhard on this game now :) was the big patch actually implemented though? so many problems fixed in that patch now show up in BG2EE
    Post edited by ChildofBhaal599 on
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @Milo Trust me, we understand the frustration!

It's something we'll look into as soon as we can, but it's not something we can hotfix, I'm fairly sure it'd require a patch. As soon as we have more info, you'll know.
    LiamEsler said:

@Milo Trust me, we understand the frustration!

It's something we'll look into as soon as we can, but it's not something we can hotfix, I'm fairly sure it'd require a patch. As soon as we have more info, you'll know.

could I know how long the wait will be before this can be fixed. I can wait if it is a couple of days but if it is going to be a big patch that takes a while before we get it I might just wait. SCS and insane make it no easier to survive each combat to avoid loading :)
  • MorrandirrMorrandirr Member Posts: 60
    Does this only happen on quickload or on normal load too?

Does this only happen on quickload or on normal load too?

I checked earlier on that issue and it is every load. I was hoping it could be some sort of temporary fix to manually save but I was wrong. I don't even know what point you save to make them disappear because I didn't face the library enemies yet and they were gone before entering. I don't know how many are random encounter tbh, but I tested manual save on the group just beyond the djinni with the button question, as I haven't gone a single game without seeing them
  • DillbagDillbag Member Posts: 5
    I can confirm this is happening as well, and not just to trash mobs like the hallway goblins. The mephits in the room full of jars in Irenicus' prison did not spawn at all after loading a saved game.
    LiamEsler said:

I don't know how to sugarcoat this, so I'll just say it bluntly - I just can't understand how this wasn't caught considering this exact bug was in BG:EE for upwards of a year. The latest patch supposedly fixed it (I haven't played enough lately so I can't say from personal experience) so logically it seems like this should have been high on a list of things to watch for. And yet...
    I've waited to replay BG2 for a year since BGEE release. Didn't want to spoil the experience. A lot of game breaking bugs were reported. I don't expect quick fix. 1.2 took a year after all. So I'm thinking to simply replay the original game.
  • biggestbossbiggestboss Member Posts: 2
    I started saving and reloading after seeing any mob just to test, and it has triggered literally 100% of the time. This is a huge issue. Any news on ETA at all for a fix?
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    BG:EE had a bug where spawned creatures would disappear when saving and reloading. It was fixed in BG:EE, but unfortunately now it's in BG2:EE.

An easy way to reproduce this issue is to sneak around in the starting area and when you find a spawned group of goblins, simply move out of sight of them, quick save, and then quick load. They will be gone.

(Also, wasn't this an engine bug? How come it's fixed in BG:EE but it's still in BG2:EE? I thought all engine fixes and improvements applied to both games.)
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    I was putting my changes into ar0602 when I noticed that some of the spawn points reference rdgob.cre...except there *is* no rdgob.cre that I can find in the game. Now, does this mean "spawn some random goblin creatures"? *shrug* Perhaps...but perhaps this is part of its problem. I am uncertain at this time. I will be venturing forward into the opening area soon (tonight or probably tomorrow) and I'll see what happens with my spawn points giving me mephits or lesser elementals.
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    @Mathsorcerer rdgob.cre is a SPAWNGRP.2da column entry that spawns icgob01.cre x2 and icgob0.cre x4. rd stands for random :)
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Ah so. That makes perfect sense. Strangely, I have always ignored the spawnx.2da files. Still....I'll see if the "disappearing spawn" happens--I have never been able to encounter or duplicate this apparent bug that other people seem plagued by.
  • prophet1prophet1 Member Posts: 172
    @Adul I can confirm that in post v1.2 BG1EE game the 2 battle horrors in Davaeorn's lair disappeared after reloading, had to spawn them with C:CreateCreature. So it appears the bug is actually still present in both games.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    @prophet1 Interesting, I have just tried this in BG:EE v1.2.0 with black bear spawns (started a new game) and those remained existent after a reload. Maybe the Battle Horrors are a different case because they're spawned by traps?

@Cuv Can you please confirm if the BG2:EE spawn disappearing bug is in the tracker?