Skip to content

Bug: When increasing Maximum Frame rates

HeasHeas Member Posts: 54
When in creasing maximum frame rates in-game cutscences (First part with Irenicus Dungeon, The Dreams)

Characters won't let another character finish a sentence.

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited November 2013
    This isn't a bug so much as a consequence of increasing the frame rate. The setting determines how fast game time runs in relation to real time. Sound clips always play in real time (i.e. they are not sped up if you increase the frame rate or slowed down if you decrease it). The pauses between cutscene actions are manually timed so that if you play at the default frame rate (30 fps), each character will have enough time to speak their lines. So if you make the game clock go much faster, they'll be cut off.
  • HeasHeas Member Posts: 54
    Oh, I remember in the original one that even with increased frame rates the voice over wouldn't be cut, Ok thanks!
    Just to be clearer, When I first met Irenicus with 45FPS, He wouldn't finish one sentence before starting the other.
    But in the cut-scene when you leave his dungeon, There is no voice cut.
    So maybe it's just that first scene?
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    It really depends on the timing in each scene. Some have longer pauses than others.

I just started a game on the original BG2 at 45 fps, and it has the same issue.