Skip to content

Neera dialogue/selection bug

Whenever the party is in the "Wild Forest" area, Neera begins a constant stream of selection dialogues (as if you were clicking on her portrait over and over in quick succession). The only way to make it stop it to leave the area; the problem continues whenever you return with her in the party.

This doesn't prevent the game from triggering her scripted event at the fallen bridge, and it doesn't persist when you enter the next map in the quest.

But it makes the hike through that forest really, really grating on the ears.

Comments

• AnotherLifeAnotherLife Member Posts: 115
    I got this, too, constant selection dialogue. She also gets stuck in an infinite loop at the ogre-squirrel trap thingy. What can I do from EE Keeper or the console to fix this ?
  • AnotherLifeAnotherLife Member Posts: 115
    Oh, I reloaded a savegame 5 minutes back and the bug didn't occur this time, seems I got lucky.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Could you zip up and attach a save with this problem?
  • PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816
    Jalily said:

Could you zip up and attach a save with this problem?

Unfortunately I overwrote the save and when I tried to start the quest from a different save, the problem didn't appear. But on the save where the problem occurred it happened *every* time I entered the area.

Sorry I couldn't have been of more help. I'll be sure to make flagged saves if I encounter future bugs, though. Has anyone else been able to reproduce this?
  • wednesdaywednesday Member Posts: 61
    edited November 2013
    @Jalily Unfortunately the nature of the bug actually stops you from saving. If you try to save it just says "can't save in dialogue mode."
  • phatbeastphatbeast Member Posts: 5
    I know this thread is from a few weeks ago, but I'm having the same problem, and I haven't seen any solution (if I've just failed to find it, please point me in the right direction). I have zipped and attached my autosave here.

Hope this helps!