Skip to content

Where the heck is the Character folder?

OverHazeOverHaze Member Posts: 10
edited November 2013 in Mac OS X (Archive)
I'm trying to import my BGEE1 character but can't for the life of me find the character folder. Or the save folder for that matter. Any help?

Thanks.

Comments

• MudMud Member Posts: 1
    I'm having the same issue via beam dog on my windows 7 PC. I'm trying to import my bgee 1 final save and it is not there when trying to import it in bgee2
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    I ended up manually creating the character/portrait folders and just copy/pasting my content from BG1EE's character/portrait folders.
  • OverHazeOverHaze Member Posts: 10
    Where did you make the folders?
    My Documents > Baldur's Gate 2 Enhanced Edition

Right next to Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition :)
  • QueynosQueynos Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 127
    You have to manualy create the folders. Alternatively you could use a pregenerated character in BG2, save and export him to create the folders.
    To import from BG1 to BG2 you have to copy and paste your character from BG1 folder to BG2 folder or your savegame froml BG1 to BG2 folder. However if you choose to copy-paste your savegame don't tr to load a BG1 savegame in BG2 as it will make the game crash.
  • OverHazeOverHaze Member Posts: 10
    Thanks that worked! Here is a little tidbit for you by the way. It seems you can import vanilla BG2 saves into the game no problem. I'm surprised that works.
    OverHaze said:

Thanks that worked! Here is a little tidbit for you by the way. It seems you can import vanilla BG2 saves into the game no problem. I'm surprised that works.

Really? Wow, now I am tempted to load up the one I was working on before the release of BG2EE :)
  • RoananRoanan Member Posts: 18
    edited November 2013
    *EDIT* Sorry, I hadn't realized that Mac doesn't save all the files to the same place. It is (or should be) possible to go to your documents folder/area and find the Baldur's Gate doc folders and copy the contents of the character folders over. You may have to export a character in BG2ee etc. to get a character folder "created" in which to put your old characters, though, but once that's done, you can just copy/paste them over and they'll be there in-game. Yay!
    Post edited by Roanan on
  • ArteauArteau Member Posts: 11
    can I get a step by step to import my BGEE into BGEE2. I'm very confused and not tech savvy
  • pnkwagpnkwag Member Posts: 11
    Where are the portraits from BGEE located? I can find the saves and characters and everything, but when I important my BGEE character he doesn't have a portrait. I can create a portrait folder, but I want the one from BGEE I had, which I think was a new one made for BGEE.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CSGibsonCSGibson Member Posts: 1
    I also cannot find Baldur's gate character folders on my MAC. if it matters, I downloaded BGEE from the app store, and BG2EE from Beamdog - the Beamdog version has character files, the BGEE edition just has a launch icon.