Skip to content

BG2EE: Throne of Bhaal Intro Movie - Crackling Sound

The intro movie for Throne of Bhaal has extreme crackling sounds comming out of my speaker, especially when lightning flashes after the sword lands and the narrator says the line "And terror follows in your wake like pestilence." It's killing my ears!!!

Other problems include: the intro movie plays way too fast. I remember the pacing of the original Throne of Bhaal intro. This one is on speed; it's running at least 50% too fast.

And the Shadows of Amn intro appears to be running at 480p or something. I'm seeing black bars on my 1440x900 monitor. The Throne of Bhaal intro is at 1080p, but its still letterboxed for some strange reason. Please tell me, what is the point of letterboxing something that's already at 1080p? Isn't the whole point of letterboxing to maintain an aspect ratio?

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate Edition with an ATI Radeon 6800 graphics card, if that makes any difference.

Comments

• sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    edited November 2013
    ah..i'm happy to see i'm not alone to have noticed that; yes, same here, not monstruous, but i DID notice too cracks in the sound in the intro movies (a little at the beginning of SOA intro movie btw)... i thought i had a corrupted DLed movie file or something -! k.. :) Yes, not monstruous, but i can perceive them too here..i did not put the volume at max for my ears though..so maybe why i just say 'not monstruous' then.. :)

ps;
    for the black borders..exactly the same here, on a 1920x1080 monitor.. horizontal AND/OR vertical black borders ; i think that one is related to the graphic option 'scale UI' or not.. when all scaled (option checked), i have vertical borders on SOA intro and horizontal borders on TOB intro.. when unscaled (option unchecked), i have the full vert+hor borders for both (no video scaling at all so)...

The video files can be found into the movie folder (under BG2EE/00783 install folder) ;
    - INTRO15F.wbm (SOA)
    - INTRO.wbm (TOB)

*** VIDEO INFO INTRO15F.wbm (SOA) ***
    Input Type : VP80(GVC)
    Input Size : 1280 x 720
    Output Type : YUY2
    Output Size : 1280 x 720
    FrameRate(Frame/sec) : 0.00 (15.00)

*** AUDIO INFO ***
    SampleRate(Sample/sec) : 22050
    BitRate(Bit/sample) : 16
    Channels : 2
    KBitRate(KBit/sec) : 0
    [has native vertical border black lines in full screen modes.]

*** VIDEO INFO INTRO.wbm (TOB) ***
    Input Type : VP80(GVC)
    Input Size : 1280 x 720
    Output Type : YUY2
    Output Size : 1280 x 720
    FrameRate(Frame/sec) : 0.00 (29.97)

*** AUDIO INFO ***
    SampleRate(Sample/sec) : 22050
    BitRate(Bit/sample) : 16
    Channels : 2
    KBitRate(KBit/sec) : 0
    [has native horizontal border black lines in full screen modes.]

I hear much less the sound cracks in usual video players though -sounds too high in bg2ee settings maybe?

hth)
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    i thought the SOA movie was clearer than ever when I heard it. haven't seen the throne of bhaal on yet though as I am busy with SOA :)
  • WateversWatevers Member Posts: 25
    edited November 2013
    Ahh, you can still click on Throne of Bhaal in the main menu and take a quick look at the intro movie. I always like to try my games out before I actually start them :). I promise that you will immediately notice something is wrong with it.

Also props to sunset00 for all of that file info. I'll try playing around with the in-game settings and see if that helps anything.
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    Yeah. I've noticed some bad crackling too with the ToB movie whenever there's a loud rumble or similar noises.