Skip to content

Character Voice Gone?

Magical_TrevorMagical_Trevor Member Posts: 57
edited November 2013 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
So I imported my two characters from BGEE into BGII EE by copying the character bio and profile or whatever from the BGEE Character folder into the BGII EE Character folder after starting a game as a default character, exporting said character to create the folder, etc.

Now, she has all of the correct stats, spells, etc, but her voice is gone! She only says three, maybe four things. One is dialogue from romancing Aerie, something about not having time or not being interested, something like that, and the other two or three lines are from Lilarcor, including his voice. Did I do something wrong?

Current Behavior: Character voice N/A.

Expected Behavior: Character to have voice, either from BGEE, or option to select new voice if old voice changed from BGEE to BGII EE.

New Bug? Not sure if this is a bug or not, but Female Default Voice and Voice 4 are exactly the same. If they're supposed to be, then... why are there two options for it? That just seems silly.

Current Behavior: Default and Voice 4 are the same for Females.

Expected Behaior: For them to be different.
Post edited by Magical_Trevor on
Icemax

Comments

• VicardVicard Member Posts: 10
    You can change your soundset from the customize option in your Records tab.
    I'm guessing your problem is that your old character has a soundset thats not in BGEE2.
    Magical_Trevorfoomaster
  • Magical_TrevorMagical_Trevor Member Posts: 57
    @Vicard THANK YOU! I knew I had to be overlooking SOMETHING. I'm a bit disappointed, though, if that's the case. The female voice that says "I'm on it like ugly on an orc!" is the voice that matched my character's personality PERFECTLY, as she's a bit... well, childish. Well-meaning, but kinda... you know. Still, thank you VERY much! Think I should mark this 'bug' as being solved, or should I leave it up in case they can add the voice/fix it/whatever?
  • EmptinessEmptiness Member Posts: 238
    Speaking of which, the sound sets for BG I are different than the ones for BG II. If you want to keep your character sounding the same then you'll need to move renamed versions of those files from BG I over to BG II (renamed to avoid overwriting the similarly named BG II voice files).

In the US English language Windows version of the game, for example, you'll find the BG I files in "...\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766\lang\en_US\sounds". You'll need to copy all the files associated with the voice(s) you want to use to some other folder, then rename them to something non-conflicting, and then copy the renamed files to "...\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\Data\00783\lang\en_US\sounds".

After you've done this you can customize your character to select the desired voice.
    ChildofBhaal599dstoltzfus
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    Emptiness said:

Speaking of which, the sound sets for BG I are different than the ones for BG II. If you want to keep your character sounding the same then you'll need to move renamed versions of those files from BG I over to BG II (renamed to avoid overwriting the similarly named BG II voice files).

In the US English language Windows version of the game, for example, you'll find the BG I files in "...\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766\lang\en_US\sounds". You'll need to copy all the files associated with the voice(s) you want to use to some other folder, then rename them to something non-conflicting, and then copy the renamed files to "...\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\Data\00783\lang\en_US\sounds".

After you've done this you can customize your character to select the desired voice.

Yay that might answer my long standing question on getting the original default voice back :D
    @Vicard Actually, I found another bug, which MAY be the source of the problem. The Default voice, and Voice 4 are the same. Maybe they're supposed to be, I don't know, but it could be a potential problem, maybe?

@Emptiness ... I am not a clever man. But I'll be damned if I don't figure out what you said eventually! I wants mah voices back! Thanks!
    @Emptiness Stupid question. If I take said character into a game hosted by someone else, what happens to the voice? Will it still work? And will the other people be able to hear it? If they can't hear it, then it, sadly, defeats the purpose of having a voice that better fits the character, if they can't hear it.
    You can hear it. I think that matters :)
  • EmptinessEmptiness Member Posts: 238
    I would expect that they would have to have the sound files on their end to hear them. If these are people you know then you could arrange to share the files or have them perform the same move+rename process (using the same name you did, of course). If you're talking about just hopping into random people's games, you'd probably want to stick to core portraits and voices.
    @Emptiness Bummer. Oh well. I am trying to get a group together, but I guess everyone is content to just find random games to join, as apposed to creating an entire party or RPing. Shame, really, because that's half the fun IMO. Still, thanks a lot for the help! Got it up and running no problem! It was the fifth voice, so there wasn't anything I needed to change to copy and paste. Thank you so much again!
    Emptiness said:

it appears as though the default voice does not appear in there. I can get any of the other voice sets however. where could I possibly find default, because I really like the BG1 male default and would much prefer to have that over the one in BG2, or any of the other BG2 soundsets
  • AiramisAiramis Member Posts: 1

I really like the idea of this. I can grab Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition voice sets just fine however I purchased and installed Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition through steam and I can't seem to find the local content to modify those voices. Is there nothing I can do?
  • sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    @Airamis
    Yes.. seems to be the best quick fix for that.. working perfectly at least (i found that too..and could test it a little with an import that had similar little troubles -+portrait, +HPs from familiar..those ones need EEKeeper^)
    only thing is, for the voices;
    the voicesets in BG1EE have a-m options (13variations/files)
    the voicesets in BG2EE have a-m + s-z options (+7 new possible 'banters' apparently)

copying the ones from bg1ee to Bg2ee work perfectly for the a-m usual ones (ouf^), but i don't know exactly for the s-z ones (will be of course missing), if those ones are really important or not..a choice to do then. \
    ( http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/399288/#Comment_399288 - same idea / tested ok)
    Airamis said:

I really like the idea of this. I can grab Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition voice sets just fine however I purchased and installed Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition through steam and I can't seem to find the local content to modify those voices. Is there nothing I can do?

I mean like I found male 1-6 but not the default male, which is none of 1-6 in BGEE. I was hoping I could use that one.

I mean like I found male 1-6 but not the default male, which is none of 1-6 in BGEE. I was hoping I could use that one.

Well, no idea for those default ones indeed.. O_o

Now, i found a nice little txt file in BG1EE sound folder; sndlist.txt
    Inside, there is a detailed description for each letters (though BG1EE goes only up to m);
    XXXXXXXa.wav : Battle Cry
    XXXXXXXb.wav : Becoming Leader
    XXXXXXXc.wav : Tired
    XXXXXXXd.wav : Bored
    XXXXXXXe.wav : Badly Wounded
    XXXXXXXf.wav : Selected 1
    XXXXXXXg.wav : Selected 2
    XXXXXXXh.wav : Selected 3
    XXXXXXXi.wav : Action Acknowledgement 1
    XXXXXXXj.wav : Action Acknowledgement 2
    XXXXXXXk.wav : Action Acknowledgement 3
    XXXXXXXl.wav : Being Hit
    XXXXXXXm.wav : Dying
    XXXXXXXn.wav : In Forest
    XXXXXXXo.wav : In City
    XXXXXXXp.wav : In Dungeon
    XXXXXXXq.wav : Daytime
    XXXXXXXr.wav : Nighttime
    XXXXXXXs.wav : Rare Selected 1
    XXXXXXXt.wav : Rare Selected 2
    XXXXXXXu.wav : Rare Selected 3
    XXXXXXXv.wav : Rare Selected 4
    XXXXXXXw.wav : Reaction to Party Member Death

could be interesting for memo^..
    sunset00 said:

Well, no idea for those default ones indeed.. O_o

Now, i found a nice little txt file in BG1EE sound folder; sndlist.txt
    Inside, there is a detailed description for each letters (though BG1EE goes only up to m);
    XXXXXXXa.wav : Battle Cry
    XXXXXXXb.wav : Becoming Leader
    XXXXXXXc.wav : Tired
    XXXXXXXd.wav : Bored
    XXXXXXXe.wav : Badly Wounded
    XXXXXXXf.wav : Selected 1
    XXXXXXXg.wav : Selected 2
    XXXXXXXh.wav : Selected 3
    XXXXXXXi.wav : Action Acknowledgement 1
    XXXXXXXj.wav : Action Acknowledgement 2
    XXXXXXXk.wav : Action Acknowledgement 3
    XXXXXXXl.wav : Being Hit
    XXXXXXXm.wav : Dying
    XXXXXXXn.wav : In Forest
    XXXXXXXo.wav : In City
    XXXXXXXp.wav : In Dungeon
    XXXXXXXq.wav : Daytime
    XXXXXXXr.wav : Nighttime
    XXXXXXXs.wav : Rare Selected 1
    XXXXXXXt.wav : Rare Selected 2
    XXXXXXXu.wav : Rare Selected 3
    XXXXXXXv.wav : Rare Selected 4
    XXXXXXXw.wav : Reaction to Party Member Death

could be interesting for memo^..
    ah yes I found and read that before too as I hoped it could shed light on my predicament. I really just hate hearing my voice change between games, and it is actually my favorite voice
    @ChildofBhaal599 same here /voice change (and indeed the defaults in BG1EE are not bad at all/originals).. weird..especially that i find the BG2EE sets largely inferior to the BG1EE ones (at least not a single one match my old char type..some are really even really very irritating imo \ O_o ).. and less numerous too... even the default set male/female are unique in BG1EE (so 6/6 +1 sets in BG1EE)..when in BG2EE, they chose for default one the last set (so actually really only f4/m5 sets in BG2EE)...the only good thing in BG2EE seems to be that it is like that easier to extract the default set...as that is actually a standard one..but in BG1EE, the default set seems to be encryped in the some other game files apparently (maybe like the extra portrait pack..); an EEKeeper is able to extract the encrypted portrait sets..but not the audio files (just verified)..maybe another similar tool would be need to extract the default audios files then.. pity too, k... ,(
  • pnkwagpnkwag Member Posts: 11
    I'm having the same problem trying to find the default voices, so if anyone figures it out I'd appreciate a heads up. Although I am on a Mac, so solutions might not be the same (I was able to find voices 1 thru 6 on my Mac, but the default one is missing from that folder).