Skip to content

BG2EE - Can we fix the frame rate and use cheat codes yet?

Tried editing the baldur.ini file and no luck. I remember BGEE had a locked framerate at release so I waited until they fixed that until I played. IE games are unplayable to me without 60 frames and cheat codes (ctrl + j teleport specifically).

Comments

• AlexTAlexT Member Posts: 760
    To set the framerate to 60 you would need this line in baldur.ini:
    'Program Options',	'Maximum Frame Rate',	'60',
    To enable cheat codes you would need this:
    'Program Options',	'Debug Mode',	'1',
    Be advised that increasing the frame rate beyond the default value of 30 will cause voiced lines to get cut off during in-engine cutscenes. Furthermore, using CTRL+J may cause you to skip over a plot critical ground trigger thereby preventing proper plot progression.
  • KortokKortok Member Posts: 165
    Thank you for the prompt response. Is it still ctrl + space to open the console? The frames worked like a charm but the console won't open. If it is still ctrl + space then I will play with the ini until I get it right.
  • AlexTAlexT Member Posts: 760
    Yes, the console is still opened via CTRL+Space.
  • KortokKortok Member Posts: 165
    OK got it all working. Thanks again for the help.
  • MatSutaMatSuta Member Posts: 14
    edited November 2013
    I'm not able to get the console working, and I need to be able to CTRL+J out of a bugged Planar Sphere. Is there a specific place I should be pasting in the .ini file?

EDIT: I've tried everything I possibly can. I was able to do it no problem with BG1EE, but for some reason this simply won't work.

EDIT: GOT IT! I tried deleting the whole .ini file, letting the game create a new one, then doing it there. Finally worked!
    Post edited by MatSuta on
  • imjapandyimjapandy Member Posts: 3
    MatSuta said:

I'm not able to get the console working, and I need to be able to CTRL+J out of a bugged Planar Sphere. Is there a specific place I should be pasting in the .ini file?

EDIT: I've tried everything I possibly can. I was able to do it no problem with BG1EE, but for some reason this simply won't work.

EDIT: GOT IT! I tried deleting the whole .ini file, letting the game create a new one, then doing it there. Finally worked!

----
    How did you get the game to create a new one? I am playing BG2ee on my mac.
    I deleted the .ini file and then launched the game, but it didn't create a new one.