Skip to content

[Known 4605] NPC's Disappearing

GoodSteveGoodSteve Member Posts: 607
edited September 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
So, I was in the graveyard district and I spoke with the Paladin who lost his son and convinced him to adopt the orphan girl Risa. He went to go speak with her and I followed, for one brief moment he walked out of the fog of war and vanished (this is not typical behavior for him, he walks the whole way there and you can follow him). I thought that was odd so I proceeded to the Priest of Lathander and Risa and neither of them were ther either, all of them disappeared.

Prior to this I walked up to where the Paladin was but spoke to the grave keeper before moving south to speak to him. When I first approached the grave keeper I noticed the Paladin standing there, as he ought to be, went north and spoke to the grave keeper, went south and the paladin was gone before I even spoke to him.... I'm not sure if this is happening elsewhere in the game but I definitely noticed it in the Graveyard District.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    clay golem in irenicus dungeon disappeared for me, but it wasn't too bad because the doors were still opened
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    edited November 2013
    GoodSteve said:

So, I was in the graveyard district and I spoke with the Paladin who lost his son and convinced him to adopt the orphan girl Risa. He went to go speak with her and I followed, for one brief moment he walked out of the fog of war and vanished (this is not typical behavior for him, he walks the whole way there and you can follow him). I thought that was odd so I proceeded to the Priest of Lathander and Risa and neither of them were ther either, all of them disappeared.

Yup. Same happened to me during my current run and hence the quest "Locate a caretaker for the orphan Risa" is still active in my journal :( .. but this was already a known issue with the original BG2.. you have to keep the Paladin within your sight range for the whole trek down to where the Priest and Risa are. If you don't, he and the others tend to disappear entirely and you won't be able to "witness" the adoption and get the 3000 XP and.. the journal entry will stay.
  • MorrandirrMorrandirr Member Posts: 60
    edited November 2013
    Does anyone know hot to spawn Risa with CLUAConsole? I managed to bring back Arenthis and Kamir to reinitiate the quest, but it doesn't seem to complete without having Risa nearby.

I only have this list of codes, where Risa is missing: http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/258273-baldurs-gate-ii-shadows-of-amn/faqs/11646

If there's no option to bring her back, how may I delete the quest entry from the journal?
  • MorrandirrMorrandirr Member Posts: 60
    Ah, the next time I visited the graveyard, all three of them where standing right there. Upon speaking with them the quest finished and is deleted from the journal. :)
  • raerae Member Posts: 35
    I had this same bug, but Risa still doesn't appear.
  • raerae Member Posts: 35
    Nevermind, it's just they appear in a narrow time interval.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    Looks like we have a work around for this. Can someone put a saved game just before talking with the Paladin in the thread here so we can get it posted up on a low priority bug?
  • rvr808303rvr808303 Member Posts: 4
    I did all the sidequests including the BG2EE ones in chapter 2, including all NPC quests (while maintaining a relatively low reputation), but I never encountered Kamir until Chapter 3.
    I talked to him, then went looking for Arenthis and Risa, they weren't there. Next day, I went to the graveyard at hour 8 in the morning, Arenthis and Risa were there, but not Kamir...
    Waited another day, hour 11, noone was there.

I tried spawning all 3 of them with CLUAConsole, but Risa doesn't have a code, only Kamir and Arenthis. Both can be spawned, but the dialogue stops once it's Risa's turn to talk, and the quest is stuck...
    I got mad and stopped playing for a day or two.
    I did some research because I want to do a "100% playthrough" this time with a full party.

This quest is notoriously bugged. Even if all the NPCs are in place, they can disappear if they get out of sight. I found out that besides the bugs and disappearances you also have a relly small window of time to do this sidequest.

So I reloaded a previous save, left the Graveyard, passed the time until the dawn animation came at hour 6, went back to the Graveyard and everyone was in their place. I let Kamir out of my sight so he never arrived to meet Arenthis and Risa :D

Arenthis & Risa spawn at hour 6 in the morning, after the 'break of dawn" animation comes.
    I think that is appropriate, Arenthis being a Dawnlord of Lathander :)
    Kamir's spawn has to be tied to the break of dawn as well, in order to be able to do this quest.
    Arenthis and Risa are gone by hour 11. So was Kamir in my experience (but maybe he just walked off to somewhere other than the spot he spawns on)

So you have a 5 hour 'window' to do this sidequest:
    From hour 6 at the break of dawn to hour 11, 1 hour before noon.

And even if Kamir, Arenthis and Risa are there, you have to have your charname or a party member stand with Arenthis and Risa and have the charname or another party member walk with Kamir.

So the solution is:

1. Leave the Graveyard District
    2. Pass the time until dawn (hour 6) or CTRL+T it with CLUAConsole
    3. Return to the Graveyard.
    4. Find the NPCs.
    5. Get one party member to stay with Arenthis
    6. Get an other party member to talk to Kamir and walk with him

This way everyone spawns, noone disappears, and no bugs trigger :)

Hope this helps!