Skip to content

NPC Weapon Proficiency list

CandleBesideCandleBeside Member Posts: 38
edited November 2013 in Challenges and Playthroughs
Hi, is there a list somewhere where I can find which weapon proficiencies the NPCs have, when you take them with you?

I found a great site where someone did that for the original BG, even displaying the points they have depending on what level the main character is.

http://www.forgottenwars.com/bg1/evil.htm

This would be very handy, since I wanted to start a second BG EE playthrough with NPCs I have never played before with ( also not in the original BG ). I found some really interesting ones and gave them already jobs in my mind, but could be very disappointed if they aren't skilled like I imagine.

Btw, in my opinion this weapon proficiency diversity of BG2 isn't appropriate for BG1. I quite know which weapons are available in BG1, but for beginners its hard.
Moreover it doesn't make sense for me to split up such things as clubs and maces, not even rpg-wise. I mean there certainly are weapons where you have to intensively train to wield them, but handling a mace isn't that different then handling a morninstar. I wanted to make my maincharacter use some kind of blunt weapon, perhaps hammers, but then I am restricted to them and only them and will never touch another blunt weapon, which is a pitty.
What do you think?

edit: sorry, I used the search option, but didn't see that there is exactly what i was looking for in the thread "NPC Guide to BGEE"