Skip to content

A few bugs I have found thus far

RamzaRamza Member Posts: 112
edited November 2013 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
I've been playing only a short time, and I've noticed a few bugs so far, so here they are:

Current Behavior:
Whenever you tell your whole group to attack a target, all members of the party do their battle cry.
Expected Behavior:
Characters should not spam battle cries during combat
More info:
In v1.2 of BG:EE it was fixed so that only one voice would go off at a time. This has been reversed. In addition, the normal behavior of all of the previous infinity engine games would only make one or two characters shout a battle cry during a fight, not literally every time you click on an enemy.

Current Behavior:
Importing a character from the final save from BG:EE by copy pasting the characters folder into the Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition folder results in your PC being shown in the character list when selecting a new game, but gives you no opportunity to change voicesets or portraits.
Expected Behavior:
Importing a character from the final save of BG:EE should function properly.
More Info:
Because the new soundsets from BG:EE, and the portraits from the portrait pack were not included in BG2:EE, importing a character in this way gives no opportunity to change his/her non-existent portrait or soundset. After the intro is finished, one can still customize their character to change his/her sounds and portrait. A character whose soundset was set to one of the new sets from BG:EE will spout random dialogue strings instead of soundset sounds.

Current Behavior:
Clicking on an item in the inventory and then moving the mouse quickly (or while moving the mouse quickly), will result in the item you're moving being switched with the one in a nearby item slot, or being put down if the slot is empty.
Expected Behavior:
Items should not be swapped when quickly moving the mouse during inventory management.
More Info:
I recall this being an issue in the original version of BG2, and I also recall that this had been fixed in BG:EE. I'm not sure if it's happening in BG:EE v1.2 or not.

Current Behavior:
Whenever an NPC has a quote to say, they first say a selection sound
Expected Behavior:
NPCs should not say a selection sound at the beginning of their spoken dialogue.
More Info:
During most of her dialogues in Irenicus' dungeon, Imoen would say "Yep" just as her dialogues started. This was true with the other NPCs as well when they had interjections or banters to make.

Current Behavior:
The PC and random NPCs will sometimes say a selection sound for no apparent reason.
Expected Behavior:
PCs and NPCs shouldn't make selections sounds unless they are being selected.
More Info:
I expect this might be related to the one above with the interjections dialogue. I also noticed that this also happens in v1.2 of BG:EE on my last playthrough prior to BG2 being released.

Current Behavior:
Multi-class characters show both of their classes as their multiclass.
Expected Behavior:
Multiclass characters should show their individual class levels
More Info:
Jaheira's class levels on the character screen are listed as FIGHTER/DRUID: LEVEL 7 and FIGHTER/DRUID: LEVEL 8. This should show Fighter Level 7 and druid level 8. The same thing is showing with Aerie as well. The class shown at the top of the record screen shows FIGHTER/DRUID as it should be, but the individual classes should be listed on the details pane.