Skip to content

Game Crashes When Imoen Talks to me-- sql error-- PLZ HELP

xzarsrevengexzarsrevenge Member Posts: 60
edited December 2013 in Not An Issue
Hi whenever I make a new character the game loads alright but as soon as imoen talks to me the game crashes and I get the following error:

.\sql_compiler.c(1021): (Not Exists) Cannot find column 'time_recieved' on table 'quests'

.\sql.c(38): sql: attempting to call NULL statement

Post edited by Avenger_teambg on

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    If you have installed a portrait pack, remove bgee.sql from your portraits folder and try again.
  • xzarsrevengexzarsrevenge Member Posts: 60
    Ok I just did that and im getting the same error. Not sure what is wrong. It is the super ultimate portrait pack and works fine for BGEE but keeps giving me this error for the sequel. I know its not supported by you guys or anything but I REALLY appreciate any help.

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Did you remove the .sql from your BGII:EE portraits folder?
  • xzarsrevengexzarsrevenge Member Posts: 60
    lol I cant even get the portraits to show up anymore. I am so in over my head with this, sorry to bug you.

I deleted the .sql and then the portraits wouldnt show up anymore so then I just deleted the folder, reinstalled it and now with or without the sql they wont show up anymore for some reason. Must be buggy mod
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    The portrait pack modified an old version of bgee.sql (a file from the game). The game needs a new version from this file the mod needs a modified version of this file too.
    The solution would be that the mod doesn't overwrite (replace) bgee.sql, but modifies the file provided by the game. Until the mod is fixed, it is unsafe for patched games. This is not a bgiiee problem, so closing it.