Skip to content

Help with Stats Distribution

DaregasDaregas Member Posts: 15
edited November 2013 in New Players (NO SPOILERS!)
Hi together,

i created a male Half-Orc, Fighter/Cleric and rolled 94.

At the moment i disributed them like this:

STR: 19
DEX: 18
CON: 19
INT: 9
WIS: 18
CHA: 11

What do u think of this and do u have any other suggestions for me?

Thanks in advance,
Daregas

P.S.: Could u please tell me which romances are possible for this charakter? Is Viconia now romancable like intended?
Post edited by Daregas on

Comments

• ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    Is it a BG1, BG2 character or both? The stats are almost optimal, except that you will want 11 int in BG2 so you can take an extra mindflayer hit.
  • DaregasDaregas Member Posts: 15
    edited November 2013
    I created him in BG:EE and want to carry him over into BG:EE 2.

Im a little worried about npc reaction if i leave my Charisma to low... So should Idecrease it to 9?
    Post edited by Daregas on
  • FrostyFrosty Member Posts: 190
    Charisma can go low has 8 before the negative reactions start. But since you can were a helmet Mindflyer can't eat your brain any way.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    That's pretty much powergamey optimal.

Remember you can compensate for bad charisma just by selecting a more charismatic NPC as party leader, and use him/her to speak to people. In BG 2 there's an easily obtainable item that makes your Charisma stat irrelevant.
  • DaregasDaregas Member Posts: 15
    THx for the help! Any answers for my second question about Romancing?
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    I don't think Viconia was ever intended to romance half-orcs.

Basically, you've got a choice of Dorn or Neera.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    That 94 roll means you've created a beast of a character. Also, the tomes are very Cleric friendly, so you'll be swimming in spells.
  • albinocobraalbinocobra Member Posts: 56
    I think Vic only dislikes elves. Half-orcs should be able to romance her (I'm 99% sure, not 100% though).
  • Time4TiddyTime4Tiddy Member Posts: 262
    Viconia was supposed to romance half-orcs and it was bugged in vanilla. It should be fixed now. She can romance half-elf, human, half-orc, or halfling. No dwarf, gnome, or elf.
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    Your Charisma is average, but not too bad. You should generally get 'fair' rewards if you finish quests, though you can get around even this by making a character with high CHA be your 'face' character instead (I.E. your leader-character who talks to the quest giver or guy who will reward you). And in BG2 you can get a ring really early in the game that sets your CHA to 18, and you can just wear that for the rest of the game.

Your Wisdom is high enough to get bonus spells; that's good. If you're playing BG1 first, you can get tomes to raise your stats by 1 point each, so your Half-Orc will be even more brutal in terms of STR, DEX, and CON.

INT is a little low, so mind flayers might be a problem in BG2, but you can get around that with potions of genius (assuming you can use them) or just mid-field it and cast spells while your other party members wail on them.

Other than that the character's just fine.