Skip to content

Question about BG1 Romances... related to BG2

Alex_BGAlex_BG Member Posts: 3
First of all, I'd like to express my heartfelt gratitude at the existance of BG:EE and the future existance of BG2:EE. The Baldur's Gate saga has always been one of my favourite entertainment tools, as the games provided me with hundreths of hours of fun.

I was checking the latest news with enthousiasm and a doubt came up to my mind. It has been said that there will be three characters in BG1 who will be romanceable. Now, my question is easy to express, but I'm not sure if the devs are able to answer it yet...

Will romancing someone in BG1 affect the original romances in BG2? That is to say, if I romance a character in BG1, will I still be able to romance a different character in BG2, assuming (of course) that I port my character from the first to the second game? I'm not talking about new pieces of dialog on existing BG2 characters to acknowledge what happened in the previous game, since I'm aware old texts won't be changed.

I ask this because while I am excited about new romanceable characters in BG1, I already have my "typical choice" in BG2, and would hate it to be "blocked" because of the BG1 romance.

Cheers!